Relationships in Practice “3 Day ABLE” Training
Relationships in Practice “3 Day ABLE” training dates for 2023 are now open for booking!
Training Dates: 19th, 25th & 26th of April 2023
Time: This is a 3-Day training schedule, with each running from 9.30am-4.30pm
Location: Northridge House, Blackrock, Cork, T12 H970
Course Fee: €300 per person
Join us to develop your understanding of how the relationships you build in your daily routine practice will impact positively on health & wellbeing outcomes for your patients and service users/clients. Using our ABLE brief intervention model (Adopt a relational approach, Build, Listen & Empower), you will also learn how to manage your time and boundaries for your own wellbeing.
Our series of evidence-informed, CPD-approved ABLE courses run over three days and are open to any frontline practitioner working in healthcare, social care, education or in community or voluntary roles (16.5 CPD Hours).
The first of our 3 Day ABLE training courses will take place on the 19th, 25th & 26th of April in Northridge House, Blackrock, Cork.
The course fee is €300 per person. Please contact Robyn at email@example.com for booking form or more information
Spaces are limited on each course, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
More Information on the ABLE model:
We know that most practitioners want to help and support their clients, and that they recognise the quality of their relationships with their clients as a key component of improved health and wellbeing outcomes.
However, the reality is that time pressures, uncertainty around boundaries, outcome expectations and the validity of spending time offering clients space to share their worries or concerns can limit one’s ability to respond appropriately.
This is where our ABLE training can help. ABLE (Adopt a relational approach, Build, Listen and Empower) is specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge, understanding and the skills via a brief intervention model to support practitioners to adopt a relational approach .
CPD-approved and evidence-based ABLE helps you to:
- Become a more reflective practitioner and be more relationship cantered
- Manage time better and be clear about the boundaries of your role and competence
- Listen reflectively without feeling overwhelmed or needing to “fix it”, adopting a narrative of hope
- Be proactive, build rapport, and establish trust with clients
- Empathise and respond in a sensitive way to clients, while attending to your own wellbeing
- Understand that the quality of relationships is a key social determinant of health and well being
- Recognise relationships as both protective and risk factors in improving outcomes for clients
- Empower clients to make their own decisions, building their capability and resilience