ABLE4 School Leaders - How and why relationships matter in School
5 DAY CSL-ENDORSED ABLE4SCHOOL LEADERS TRAINING PROGRAMME
Dates– September 21st & 28th and October 5th, 12th, & 19th, 2022.
Community Practice Dates – November 9th and 30th, 2022.
Venue: Online via Zoom
Subsidised Fee- €350 pp includes 5 days training plus 2 community in practice days and an Attendance Certificate
To apply: Contact Sabrina Moris at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABLE4School Leaders is a CSL-endorsed training programme for school leaders and aspiring leaders. This evidence-informed programme is based on our ABLE (Adopt a Relational Approach, Build, Listen & Empower) brief intervention model.
This is an unique opportunity to network with colleagues nationally in an on-line interactive space and establish communities of practice. This course will be facilitated by Rose Crowley and Bernie Rodgers, two licensed Relationships in Practice trainers, in an experiential, small group, on-line learning experience for up to 12 participants
How will this course help you?
Our programme will give you the skills, insight and knowledge to nurture positive relationships in your school for better outcomes. It will also give you a framework to manage your time and boundaries for your own health and wellbeing
Key learning aims:
- Recognise that relationships are a key social determinant of health and well-being and understand how they impact well-being in schools
- Develop skills to build quality relationships with staff, parents and pupils while managing your time and boundaries
- Explore the use of reflective functioning in one’s role as a leader in building quality relationships in the school community
- Raise awareness of the factors that contribute to the creation of a safe and secure school environment where the concerns and contributions of parents, children and teachers are acknowledged
- Provide knowledge, insights and resources for managing conflict in the school community and addressing its impact on children's well-being
- Share evidence-base insight into infant mental health, childhood adversity and attachment research to help your understanding of the impact of early relationship experiences on children's health, wellbeing, behaviour and ability to learn
Previous Participant Testimonials
“I would highly recommend the course to build nurturing school environments where pupils, parents and staff feel safe- promotes growth and builds good relationships.” - Ellen, Schools Community Support Worker
“This course was excellent. Bernie and Rose are amazing at what they do. They have a wonderful rapport with each other. Their calm and soothing voices really have made the course so enjoyable. They really are the Dream Team” - Mary, Deputy Principal
“So worthwhile, enjoyable and you come away with real skills and strategies to use in challenging situations” - Sinead, Primary Principal
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE OR FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT SABRINA MORIS AT SABRINA.MORIS@RELATIONSHIPSINPRACTICE.IE