IICP College: Level 8 (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
Level 8 (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy –
This innovative part-time blended learning programme is validated by QQI and accredited by IACP
Our Level 8 (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy is now enrolling for the 2021 intake. With a seamless transition from theory to practice, graduates of this programme are perfectly placed to pursue an enriching and fulfilling career as a therapist in the helping professions.
At IICP, we desire to contribute a community dimension to the development of mental health care and counselling through the use of a practical, cutting-edge and integrative model, which forms the basis for this pioneering and innovative programme. We consider that training in counselling and psychotherapy is an inter-disciplinary endeavour, a combination of art and science to include, amongst others, the disciplines of philosophy, psychology, sociology and anthropology. IICP’s core philosophical ethos, which offers a theoretical framework encompassing humanistic-existential, cognitive-behavioural and multicultural psychotherapeutic models, is a contemporary integrative framework.
The programme is delivered through highly interactive and taught through role-play, lectures, group-work and audio/video presentations. The ethos of the course reflects the Quality School model of Choice Theory, Reality Therapy & Lead Management (CT/RT/LM), which promotes a warm, safe environment that is free from fear, criticism and coercion. Participants will have the opportunity to produce and participate in individual written assignments, group projects and group work.
Who Should Apply
This course is designed for people who wish to become professional therapists, or for those who have an opportunity to use counselling skills as part of their work. The programme will also appeal to a variety of professionals who wish to augment and build upon previous training in the addiction, social care, health, education and mental health professions.
A qualification recognised at Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) e.g. Leaving Certificate is required for entry onto this programme.
Those with substantial life experience can also apply under our recognition of prior learning and experience policy. Learners will be invited to an interview with faculty as part of the application process.
- Award: Level 8 (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (QQI Validated & IACP Accredited)
- Entry Requirements: Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or equivalent
- Duration: Four year programme delivered on a part-time basis
- Annual Fees: €3,875 (inclusive of QQI registration fee of €200 and Professional Knowledge seminar fee of €25), Payment plans are available.
Commences September and October 2022. Learners can choose from the following options:
- Week Day Options 2022
- Wednesday Delivery
- Thursday Delivery
- Saturday Delivery
- Block Option 2022
- (Friday, Saturday & Sunday, once a month)
Why choose this Programme?
- Ideal course for anyone looking to pursue a career in counselling and psychotherapy.
- Excellent mix of theory, skills and personal development.
- Available clinical placement at Village Counselling Service and/or full support in locating external placements off-site.
- Incredibly high levels of student support, ensuring that learners are continually guided and supported.
- QQI Validated & IACP Accredited
- Competitively priced course fees with payment plans available.
Director of Registry & Operations
Phone: 086 0499154
Phone: 086 2609989