IICP College: Professional Diploma in Integrative Supervision
Professional Diploma in Integrative Supervision
This Professional Diploma in Supervision is fully accredited by IACP
IICP College are now taking enrolments for our June 2021 Diploma in Integrative Supervision. This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
Supervision is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser extent, it offers some protection to the public. This year-long course is intended for people from a variety of disciplines who are intending, beginning or already practising supervisors. Professionally accredited by IACP, this course is designed to enable individuals to extend their understanding and knowledge of supervision, incorporating theoretical inputs with opportunities for group discussion and experiential exercises.
- To prepare mental health professionals to provide clinical supervision to those working directly with directly health professions.
This is a part-time course, with 13 full teaching days (9:00am-5:00pm) delivered between January and May 2022, with additional time afforded to learners to attain the clinical supervision hours requirements, and self-directed learning. Our classes are currently delivered remotely as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online portal Zoom™ and Moodle simultaneously.
Classes will remain online until such a time as it is feasible to return to face-to-face delivery.
- Definitions and purpose of supervision.
- Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
- Learning Styles.
- Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
- Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
- Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
- Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues. Introduction into Counselling and Psychotherapy
Our Diploma in Integrative Supervision is professionally accredited by the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
Commences: Friday 28 January 2022
Fees: €1,950.00. An application processing fee of €75 also applies
For more details or to book on line, please visit our website: www.iicp.ie
or contact the IICP Office
Phone: 01 4664205
Mobile: 087 905 5330
Director of Registry & Operations
Phone: 086 0499154
Phone: 086 2609989