Free Environmental Rights Training (Community Law & Mediation (Centre for Environmental Justice) & DLA Piper UK)
Free environmental rights training series by Community Law & Mediation (Centre for Environmental Justice) and DLA Piper UK
- 22nd September, 9.30-10.30am
- 29th September, 9.30-10.30am
- 6th October, 9.30-10.30am
Speakers will explain why environmental rights matter and how individuals and organisations can benefit from exercising these rights, dealing with questions such as:
- why access to environmental information is a critically important right;
- what public participation in environmental decision-making actually means;
- when can legal cases be taken to protect environmental rights – and who gets to go to Court?
The training is designed for those with no prior knowledge of environmental rights (or the “Aarhus Convention”,) as well as those working with organisations or grassroots groups on issues related to health, housing, social inclusion, poverty, anti-discrimination, or equality. Click here [https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fYBqWOXKQyOZS84GMpVTeQ] to register.
Community Law & Mediation is a community law centre and charity which provides free legal advice, advocacy, mediation and education services in communities experiencing disadvantage. In February 2021, it opened a Centre for Environmental Justice which seeks to empower communities in relation to environmental justice issues and advocate on their behalf to ensure fairness and equality in our collective response to environmental harms and climate change.