HSE Addiction Services / Trinity College: Addiction Course
Identifying and Responding to Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Healthcare Practice
Discover new approaches to addiction treatment and recovery and build your knowledge and leadership skills to respond effectively by joining our Addiction Course “Identifying and Responding to Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Healthcare Practice” run by Trinity College. This an on line free course run over 3 weeks, 2 hours per week.
What topics will you cover?
- Overview of the approaches to addiction treatment, from detoxification to harm reduction and recovery
- The health and wellbeing of the person who uses substances, assessment, screening and brief interventions
- Family members and people who use substances from pregnancy to adolescents to grandparents and inter-generational substance use
- The practicalities of working in specific services from advising expectant mothers to managing medication misuse among older people and administering naloxone during overdose
- Enhancing your service provision, identifying client needs and implementing the Healthy Addiction Treatment (HAT) recovery model in nursing and other services
- The role of leadership and the practicalities of implementing a change in policy or practice.