ALONE: Free e-learning and zoom facilitated befriending training
Have you a befriending service or is your service considering befriending service supports for members of your community.?
Would you like to upskill your existing and new befrienders to provide telephone and visitation befriending supports?
Perhaps you would like to guide your befriending volunteers or staff on how to provide training.
ALONE has a suite of training options for services looking to set-up and coordinate a befriending service. Or for services already in place who would like to refresh on their skills and knowledge.
The 5 training options available are listed below and more information is in the attached details. You may choose one training option or work your way through the 5 training options.
- Befriending Service Set-Up Training
- Befriending Coordination Training
- Learn How to Train your Befrienders: A Train the Trainer Course
- Support and Case Management Training
- Befriender Training course (Volunteers)
Participants must be available to complete training between now and the end of October 2021.
- Format: All training is currently being provided online via e-learning and Zoom facilitated training.
- Cost: Training is free of charge. Registration is required. Completion of the e-learning and attendance at Zoom facilitated training is required.
- Time frame: The e-learning trainings will take approximately 1.5 – 4 hours for completion, this is dependent on each individual and may be dependent on the topic session content. Please note that there are tasks to be completed within each e-learning session to bring to your interactive training session. In an attempt to cater to all learners there are also videos and activity information provided in each session.
- Zoom training: The interactive Zoom facilitated sessions will be 1.5 hours in duration with a focus on practical application of skills and knowledge with the approach of for e.g.: reflections from e-learning, discussions, pair work, role plays and case studies.
- Dates: Once you have completed the training by completing the assessment at the end of the training and have advised on suitable training days in the registration form, we will be in touch with you to organise the interactive session with the trainer.
- Staff/Volunteers: Please note training Sessions 1 - 4 are for staff/services and training Session 5 is for volunteers/befrienders.
- Contact: For any queries you are welcome to contact us at: email@example.com
If you are interested in availing of training, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org