IICP College: Level 6 QQI Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Studies
Level 6 QQI Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Studies
QQI 20 credit certificate providing an excellent introduction to the field of counselling & psychotherapy.
- Award: QQI Special Purpose Award in Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Studies (validated at Level 6 on the NFQ)
- The Certificate: Equates to modules 1-2 of our BSc (Hons). Learners who complete this programme are exempt from the first 20 credits of first year of the Degree.
- 2021 Delivery: Summer 2021 – (Block option) Starting Friday 11th June
- Structure: One weekend block in June, July and August respectively
- Cost: €1,300 (inclusive of QQI registration fee of €50.) [Direct Debit Scheme Instalments are possible].
- Language requirement: If English is your second language you are required to submit an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) cert at Level 5.5, or equivalent.
Our Certificate Programme is the perfect entry point for those considering a career in counselling and psychotherapy as it contains an excellent mix of theory, skills and personal development. All IICP teaching staff are therapy practitioners, which means they put their teaching into a real-world context.
Why choose this Programme?
- Perfect entry point for those with an interest in counselling and psychotherapy
- Excellent mix of theory, skills and personal development.
- Competitively priced course fees with payment plans available.
- QQI validated, which guarantees high quality content and delivery
- Incredibly high levels of student support, ensuring that learners are continually guided and supported.
The programme consists of two introductory modules in the subjects of:
- Introduction to Psychotherapeutic Studies and Reflexive Practie
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
It is a highly interactive programme, delivered through a variety of teaching approaches such as lectures, group discussion, experiential work, individual exercises, and self-directed learning.
At present, due to COVID-19, this programme will be delivered online. Our online learning classes are run as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online learning platform Moodle and use the online portal Zoom™ simultaneously. This platform facilitates discussion polls, sharing of slides, videos resources and much, much more. To foster more intimate learning environments the use of breakout rooms is also implemented, allowing for the safe and experiential triadic learning practice that we have found so successful. All of our sessions are accessible through computer and mobile devices and we have a structured and robust technology department to support all faculty and students through their online learning journey. To encourage flexibility, and ss best practice, we also record all our sessions, these are made accessible only to the students in that class to review content whenever is convenient to them!
Each module carries a 1500 word assignment.
For more details or to book online, please visit our website:
Triona Kearns, Director of Registry & Operations
Phone: 086 0499154 email@example.com
Marcella Finnerty, College President
Phone: 086 2609989 Marcella@iicp.ie