IICP College: Level 8 Honours Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
Level 8 Honours Degree in
Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
This innovative part-time four year programme is validated by QQI and accredited by IACP.
- Award: Level 8 Honours Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Entry Requirements: Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or equivalent
- Starting: September 2021
- Duration: Four year programme delivered on a part-time basis.
- Annual Fees: €3,875
- Language requirement: If English is your second language you are required to submit an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) cert at Level 6, or equivalent.
Our four-year Level 8 Honours Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy is now accepting applications for the September/October 2021 intake. This innovative programme is validated by QQI and accredited by IACP, Ireland’s largest professional body. With a seamless transition from theory to practice, graduates of this programme are perfectly placed to pursue an enriching and fulfilling career as a therapist in the helping professions.
Why choose this Programme?
- Ideal course for anyone looking to pursue a career in counselling and psychotherapy.
- Excellent mix of theory, skills and personal development.
- Available placement at Village Counselling Service and/or full support in locating external placements off-site.
- High levels of student support, ensuring that learners are continually guided and supported.
- QQI Validated & IACP Accredited
- Competitively priced course fees with payment plans available.
The programme is delivered on a part-time basis. There are a number of options available:
- Block Option 2021 (Friday Evening, Saturday & Sunday once a month)
- Wednesday Weekly Option 2021
- Thursday Weekly Option 2021
- Saturday Weekly Option 2021
Blended Learning Delivery
While training as a therapist requires a high level of classroom attendance, there are also online elements to this programme. This improves accessibility and flexibility for adult learners.
Our blended learning classes are run as tutorials, that involve students and their lecturer logging into our online learning platform Moodle and use the online portal Zoom™ simultaneously. Zoom™ provides and integrative online environment for students and Lecturers to interact and engage in the learning. This platform facilitates discussion polls, sharing of slides, videos resources and much, much more. To foster more intimate learning environments the use of breakout rooms is also implemented, allowing for the safe and experiential triadic learning practice that we have found so successful. All of our sessions are accessible through computer and mobile devices and we have a structured and robust technology department to support all faculty and students through their online learning journey. To encourage flexibility, and ss best practice, we also record all our sessions, these are made accessible only to the students in that class to review content whenever is convenient to them!
Learners are assessed through a continuous assessment strategy, which includes a variety of mediums such as individual and group projects, skills training assessments, case studies and process recordings, written assignments, essays and a dissertation. There are no exams in the assessment strategy.
Commences: September 2021
Fees: €3,875. An application processing fee of €75 also applies.
For more details or to book online, please visit our website:
Triona Kearns, Director of Registry & Operations
Phone: 086 0499154 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcella Finnerty, College President
Phone: 086 2609989 Marcella@iicp.ie