IICP College: One Day workshop on Online Therapy with Adolescents
One Day workshop on Online Therapy with Adolescents
This programme offers participants an opportunity to increase their skills and competency in engaging adolescents in online therapy
Adolescents have been raised in a digital world and become competent in online modes of communication and connection. As a result, there are now a range of effective computerized therapeutic interventions for young people, and methods of online counselling and teletherapy have grown in sophistication. As with all approaches and interventions, it is therapist competency that can serve as the greatest strength or limitation in helping the client achieve successful outcomes.
- Therapeutic processes relevant to online therapy with adolescents and young people
- Using creative techniques in teletherapy with adolescents
- Screening and assessment in online adolescent psychotherapy
- Contracting, policy and boundary considerations in online counselling with adolescents
- Managing risk and safeguarding presenting in online adolescent counselling
- Strengths and potential challenges in using online counselling with adolescents
This course will be of interest to various psychotherapists, counsellors and counselling students who work with children and adolescents. In order to fully participate in the day, participants will need a camera and mic, and Microsoft applications.
Award: IICP Certificate of Attendance and Participation.
CPD: 6 hours
Cost: €95.00 (Reduced rate for IICP Students /Alumni)
Dates: Sunday 11 April 2021
Time: 09.30am to 4:30pm
For further information call 01-4664205 or to book online visit www.iicp.ie