Learning Curve Institute: Remote Learning - An Introduction to Psychodynamics
Remote Learning: An Introduction to Psychodynamics
This workshop has been approved by The Psychological Society of Ireland and The Addiction Counsellors of Ireland for Learning Credits/CPD points.
This new two day workshop delivered online by Dr. Kevin Fehin aims to provide an introduction to the ideas and concepts involved in psychodynamic psychotherapy. It will explore attitudes, values and beliefs about human nature from a psychodynamic perspective and provide an understanding of psychopathology and presenting symptoms from this viewpoint.
Some of the applications of psychodynamic thinking both within and outside the clinical setting are introduced. There will also be opportunities for thinking about the place of psychodynamic ideas in working with mental health.
This workshop will be delivered live on Zoom: The course will allow participants to interact with their trainer and other participants in a virtual classroom where, in addition to the workshop content, there will be time built in for live discussions, question & answer sessions and skills practice. The course can be accessed wherever there is an internet connection; on a desktop, tablet or even a smartphone.
Suitable for: Qualified mental health professionals and those nearing the end of their training or those with an interest in psychotherapy.
Dates: 22 and 23 April 2021 (Thursday and Friday)
Times: 09.30 – 16.30 (GMT+1) each day
For full details on the course please click here: https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/online-learning/new-remote-learning-an-introduction-to-psychodynamics
- Beginnings and the nature of psychodynamic counselling
- Theory from Freud and Klein, linked to concepts in psychodynamic counselling
- Attachment Theory, stages of development
- Winnicott object relations 'facilitating environment'
- Bion the concept of 'Containment'
- The setting in counselling
- Active listening
- The therapeutic relationship
- Unconscious communication/processes: Dreams
- Working with 'defences' using the concept of Malan and the triangle of insight.
Participants will receive an emailed copy of the presentation, other supporting documents and links to relevant literature by email which will enable them to develop their understanding of psychodynamics appropriate to this level.
At the end of the workshop, participants should have:
- an awareness of the nature and key concepts of psychodynamic counselling
- an awareness of the process and significance of self-reflection and self-awareness in psychodynamic counselling
- developed the skills and attributes required to think and work from a psychodynamic approach
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion in “An Introduction to Psychodynamics” from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute is Ireland’s leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace providing a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and industry.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The LCI has delivered in house training workshops and courses to over the past 11 years are:
- Health Service Executive
- The Probation Service
- The Defence Forces
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- Element Six, De Beers Group
- Merchants Quay
- Maynooth University
- The Simon Communities: Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- The Homeless Agency
- Peter McVerry Trust
- International School of Lausanne, Switzerland
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique post course support system whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the trainer and are free to contact him/her with any questions they may have.
Price - €245.00
This includes a copy of the workshop slides, other supporting documents and links to relevant literature by email and a certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
To secure a place on the workshop go to https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/online-learning/new-remote-learning-an-introduction-to-psychodynamics and book online. For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email email@example.com.
The course has a limited number of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.