Learning Curve Institute: Remote Learning - Trauma informed Practice Training Workshop
Remote Learning: Trauma informed Practice – training workshop
This workshop has been approved by The Psychological Society of Ireland and The Addiction Counsellors of Ireland for Learning Credits/CPD points.
This workshop is delivered live by The Learning Curve Institute over two days using Zoom. This is an excellent opportunity to avail of this training while working from home.
The purpose of this programme is to start a conversation about how trauma and adversity affects and has affected those who use the services we provide and the appropriate responses we can implement and offer; to reflect on how others’ trauma experiences may affect those of us providing services – vicarious trauma and; to examine how we, as professionals, volunteers and peer workers, can embrace a trauma informed approach, including self-care, within our practice.
This eLearning training course will allow you to interact with your trainer and other participants in a virtual classroom where, in addition to the workshop content there will be live discussions, question & answer sessions and skills practice. You can access the course wherever you have an internet connection; on a desktop, tablet or even a smartphone.
Participants should have some work experience. Suitable for: Therapists and Counsellors (please note: this is not designed for experienced therapists) and those working in Social Care, Youth and Family Care, Nursing Practitioners, Addiction Services and Homeless Agencies.
23 and 30 April 2021 (Fridays)
09.30 – 12.30 (GMT+1) each day
For full details on the course please click here: https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/online-learning/remote-learning-trauma-informed-practice-workshop
- Participants will receive an emailed copy of the presentation, other supporting documents and links to relevant literature by email which will enable them to develop their understanding of Trauma Informed Practice appropriate to this level. In each session participants will have the opportunity to observe and participate in role-plays and discussions via Zoom.
- Introduction & Focus
- Trauma Informed Care & Trauma Informed Principles
- Conversation about language, counselling models and practice
- Vicarious Trauma, Self-care and Post-traumatic Growth and Resilience
- Addiction and Trauma
At the end of the workshop, participants should have:
- An increased understanding of trauma and vicarious trauma
- An awareness of the approaches assisting how we might respond as trauma-informed practitioners - both in practical terms and in terms of encouraging agency responses - bearing in mind that trauma informed training requires a longer process than two days.
- An increased awareness of Trauma Informed Care & Trauma Informed Principles
- An increased understanding of the relationship between trauma and addiction
- A greater awareness of the presence of trauma in participant's workplace
- Better self-care awareness
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion in “Trauma Informed Practice” from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute is Ireland’s leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace providing a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and industry.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The LCI has delivered in house training workshops and courses to over the past 11 years are:
- Health Service Executive
- The Probation Service
- The Defence Forces
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- Element Six, De Beers Group
- Merchants Quay
- Maynooth University
- The Simon Communities: Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- The Homeless Agency
- Peter McVerry Trust
- International School of Lausanne, Switzerland
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique post course support system whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the trainer and are free to contact him/her with any questions they may have.
Price - €245.00
This includes a copy of the workshop slides, other supporting documents and links to relevant literature by email and a certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
To secure a place on the workshop go to https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/online-learning/remote-learning-trauma-informed-practice-workshop and book online.
For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email email@example.com
The course has a limited amount of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.