URRÚS - Training 2021
We are now taking applications for the following training: -
- Introduction to Addiction Studies - starting 23 February 2021
- Urrús Keyworking, Care Planning and Case Management Programme - QQI Award (Minor) Level 6
- Understanding Harm Reduction / Drug Related Health Issues – 12 April 2021
Given the current pandemic situation the above training will be delivered online. Prospective students need to be available to engage in learning and study on the days indicated for each programme. It is essential that students have computer and internet access to engage with course learning.
Introduction to Addiction Studies – Four sessions
Run over four-sessions the Introduction to Addiction Studies is for those wishing to gain a good basic understanding of substance use and related issues. Content includes: –
- Drugs and their Effects
- Signs and Symptoms
- Drug Trends and Patterns
- Stages in the Process of Addiction
- Progression to Problematic Use
- Explore our Understanding of Family
- Effect of Addiction on the Family
- Models of Treatment/Therapy
Dates/Times: 23 February, 2, 9, & 16 March 2021 / Tuesday 10am-1pm.
Urrús Keyworking, Care Planning and Case Management – QQI Award (Minor) Level 6
This course runs over twelve weeks, one-day a week (Thursday, 10am-4.30pm), starting 25 February. The programme is offered in response to the emerging skills, knowledge and practice needs of new and existing keyworkers in the drug and alcohol, homeless and broader social care sector. It is essential that students have computer and internet access to engage with course learning. On successful completion of the programme learners will receive a component certificate in Person Centred Planning (6N2206) and Boundary Management (6N2207) QQI Level 6 - Further Education and Training.
Content includes: -
- Key Working – systems and processes
- Care Planning – policy and practice
- Case Management – framework and communications
- Professional Boundaries - understanding and techniques
- Confidentiality and Case Notes – guidelines and application
- Reflective and Professional Practice – theories and practice
Dates: 25 Feb., 4, 11, 18, 25, Mar., 1, 15, 22, 29 Apr., 6, 13 & 20 May 2021.
Accreditation: QQI Award (Minor) Level 6.
Understanding Harm Reduction / Drug Related Health Issues - 12 April 2021
This one-day workshop will introduce harm reduction and outline the health issues experienced through substance misuse. The training will provide participants with an understanding and appreciation of the key issues pertaining to theory and practice of harm reduction/minimisation; and an overview of the major health issues which are initiated and /or exacerbated by substance misuse. Content includes: –
- Definition of harm reduction
- Principles & practice of harm reduction
- Development of services
- Current harm reduction service provision
- Drug toxicity
- Blood viruses (HIV, Hep. C, etc.)
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Vein damage, associated with IV use
- Lung and other organ damage
- Overdose and universal precautions
Date/Time: 12 April 2021 / 10am-5pm.