BeLonG To Youth Services: LGBTI+ Training for Mental Health Professionals
This free training is for adults (18+) who work or volunteer with young people in their communities on the topic of supporting LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
The course will take the format of an online self-directed course, followed by a Zoom live online workshop. Participants can choose from one of two dates for the online workshop:
- Wednesday, November 25th: 10am-12 noon
- Tuesday, December 8th: 10am-12 noon
By the end of this programme, participants should be able to:
- Utilise appropriate language and terminology when supporting LGBTI+ young people.
- Discuss the current landscape of LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Examine the impact of the social determinants of health on LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Outline the impact of minority stress upon LGBTI+ young people’s mental health.
- Apply practical strategies to help build resilience among the LGBTI+ young people they work with.
We hope that you will join us to to learn more about promoting the mental health and wellbeing of LGBTI+ young people.