Suicide Alertness Training
Suicide Prevention Training Update - August 2020
Now available - START
Suicide Prevention Alertness Skills Online Training.
START helps participants to identify people who are at risk, confidently ask them about the topic of suicide and connect them with resources that can help them stay safe. It is a level 2 alertness skills programme and not as advanced as safeTALK or the two-day intervention skills workshop, ASIST.
How does START work?
- You can complete the programme on any device or computer.
- On average, the programme will take 1.5 – 2 hrs and you can do it on any internet accessible device.
- You can do the training in 1 session or stopping and recommencing at your own convenience and you up to 60 days to complete it.
- The programme uses a mix of guided online content, video and interactive questions.
- You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
The course is suitable for all those who wish to become suicide alert in their work, home,voluntary and general community.
This course is made available in Ireland by the HSE National Office for Suicide Prevention and LivingWorks, the course is for those aged 18 +
If you are interested please email your name, job title and work location to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward details of this training to others you know who may be interested.