Learning Curve Institute: Remote Learning - An Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour (DBT) Therapy
Title: Remote Learning - An Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour (DBT) Therapy:
Members of The Psychological Society of Ireland can receive learning credits for completing this workshop and there is other accreditation for CPD points pending.
This is a one day training workshop (run over two mornings) on DBT delivered this October in Dublin by The Learning Curve Institute.
DBT was founded in 1993 by Marsha Linehan, initially known as CBT for Borderline disorder. DBT consists of a series of skills and techniques for working with personality disorders and other areas. Many people want to familiarise themselves with these skills without necessarily becoming a DBT therapist exclusively, and the introduction course is ideal if you are thinking of taking the first step in becoming a DBT therapist or if you would like to have a better understanding of the concept before referring clients or employees to a DBT service.
- Professionals who see clients in 1 to 1 sessions and wish to add DBT techniques to their set of skills.
- People or teams working in inpatient or community settings.
- Mental health/psychiatric nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, probation officers, people working in HR or Occupational Health departments.
- Carers for people with mental health issues.
Venue, Dates and Times:
Remote Learning: 14 and 15 October 2020 (Wed, Thurs)| 09.30 – 12.30 (GMT +1)
For full details on the course please click here: https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/e-learning/remote-learning-an-introduction-to-dialectical-behaviour-therapy-2/60
About the Course:
- Validation, the implication of invalidating environments for a child, and for the adult. Using validating responses in the therapeutic environment.
- The use of Metaphors,
- Problem solving strategy.
- Contingency management.
- Interpersonal effectiveness.
- Distress tolerance.
- Walking the Middle Path.
- The role of the face to face sessions and group sessions.
- Gaining an understanding of DBT.
- The ability to create validating environments.
- The ability to validate other people in an easy way.
- The ability to give people different perspectives in a fast way.
- The ability to help people to solve problems rather than dwell on them.
- The ability to respond to very severe behaviours in a caring way without reinforcing the severe behaviour.
- The ability to help people to bring some sense of order and predictability to emotions.
- The ability to help people tolerating distress.
Attendees will each be awarded a Certificate of Completion in “An Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour Therapy” from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute (LCI) is Ireland’s leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace providing a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and industry.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The LCI has delivered in-house training workshops and courses to over the past 11 years are:
- Health Service Executive
- The Probation Service
- The Defence Forces
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- The Houses of the Oireachtas
- Element Six, De Beers Group
- Merchants Quay
- Maynooth University
- The Simon Communities: Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- The Homeless Agency
- Peter McVerry Trust
- International School of Lausanne, Switzerland
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique pre-course questionnaire to each participant in order to ensure the training meets the needs of everyone in the group and is tailored to the appropriate level while also covering specific situations or scenarios as highlighted by the group.
In addition, there is a post course support system available whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the trainer and are free to contact them with any questions they may have.
€125.00 per person.
This includes an emailed copy of the workshop slides, other supporting documents and links to relevant literature and a certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
To secure a place on the workshop go to https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/e-learning/remote-learning-an-introduction-to-dialectical-behaviour-therapy-2/60 and book online. For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course has a limited amount of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.