Open Training College: Honours BA in Contemporary Disability Studies, QQI, Level 8
A one-year, add-on programme for level 7 social care graduates, this part-time Honours course will allow you to balance work/study commitments while upskilling and enhancing your CV for more senior roles in driving change to adapt to the ‘new normal’ within the health sector.
Why choose the Honours BA in Contemporary Disability Studies?
- Learners will possess a detailed understanding of how the social studies discipline conceptualises issues surrounding the provision of health and social care services, with a particular emphasis on how issues for people with a disability are addressed.
- Learners will possess the ability to adapt to a variety of familiar and unfamiliar health and social care service contexts
- Provides graduates with the knowledge and skills to make substantive, positive changes to organisations
- Read more HERE
The course is made up of five modules delivered mainly online (face to face workshop will not take place until Covid-19 government restrictions are reviewed):
- Applied Research Methods
- Comparative Social Policy
- Disability in the Context of Social Equality & Inclusion
- Current Issues in Social Care: Mental Health, Elder Care, Children
- Supporting Individualised Living and Alternative Services
How will this course enhance your career prospects?
Holding the Level 8 qualification can significantly enhance your promotion prospects. Past graduates have been promoted to a variety of roles including social care leaders, person in charge, service managers and area directors. A number of them have used the qualification as a basis to create new innovative services. Read more HERE
It also satisfies the educational requirements for anyone looking to pursue postgraduate studies in the disability and broader social care field.
The Open Training College (OTC) is now receiving online applications for places on this course. Deadline for applications is Sept 9th, 2020. Read more HERE.
Please note: The next Informal Online Interviews for applicants will be held on August 6th, 2020 by Zoom.
Enquiries: Conor on (01) 2990580 or firstname.lastname@example.org