Learning Curve Institute: Remote Learning – Advanced Dialetical Behavioural Therapy Workshop
Title: Remote Learning – Advanced Dialetical Behavioural Therapy workshop
This workshop on is delivered live by The Learning Curve Institute over four half days using Zoom, the remote conferencing platform. This is an excellent opportunity to avail of this training while working from home.
Advanced Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) was initially known as CBT for Borderline disorder. DBT is now used for treating many disorders such as Borderline, Bipolar, and other Personality Disorders. It has been proven useful for any level of suicidal behaviour, self-harming, or other self-destructive behaviour. DBT consists of a series of skills and techniques for working with personality disorders and other areas. Many people want to familiarise themselves with these skills without necessarily becoming a DBT therapist exclusively. The Advanced DBT course focuses on how to teach clients the group skills, how to develop further on these skills in one to one sessions and how to help clients with any form of self-destructive behaviour.
Note: Participants must have completed an introductory course in DBT prior to participating in this workshop.
This remote training course will allow you to interact with your trainer and other participants in a virtual classroom where, in addition to the workshop content there will be live discussions, question & answer sessions and skills practice. You can access the course wherever you have an internet connection; on a desktop, tablet or even a smartphone.
The course is suitable:
- Professionals who see clients in one to one sessions and wish to add DBT techniques to their set of skills or want to use full DBT with their clients where applicable.
- People or teams working in inpatient or community settings.
- Mental health/psychiatric nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, probation officers, people working in HR or Occupational Health departments.
- Carers for people with mental health issues.
Accreditation for learning credits/CPD points is pending for this workshop.
Dates: 02, 03, 09 and 10 July 2020 | 09:30 – 12:30 (GMT+1) each day
For full details on the course please click here: https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/e-learning/remote-learning-advanced-dialectical-behavioural-therapy-dbt-workshop
About the Course:
- History and background.
- Biological Theory of emotional and behavioural dysregulation.
- Guidelines for skills training.
- Skills Training Assumptions.
- Mindfulness Skills.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills.
- Walking the Middle Path.
- Emotion Regulation Skills.
- Distress Tolerance Skills.
- Analysing behaviour, Chain Analysis, Missing-Links Analysis.
- Validation and validating techniques.
- Problem solving techniques and DBT techniques used in one to one sessions.
The aim of this training programme is to enable participants to:
- Learn DBT techniques used in practice.
- Learn how DBT skills are taught in groups.
- Understand, in the non-therapeutic environment, when to refer people to DBT and have an understanding what can be expected during treatment.
Participants will each be awarded a Certificate of Completion in ‘Advanced Dialectical Behavioural Therapy’ from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute (LCI) is Ireland’s leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace providing a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and industry.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The LCI has delivered in-house training workshops and courses to over the past 10 years are:
- Health Service Executive
- The Probation Service
- The Defence Forces
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- Element Six, De Beers Group
- Merchants Quay
- Maynooth University
- The Simon Communities: Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- The Homeless Agency
- Peter McVerry Trust
- International School of Lausanne, Switzerland
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique pre-course questionnaire to each participant in order to ensure the training meets the needs of everyone in the group and is tailored to the appropriate level while also covering specific situations or scenarios as highlighted by the group.
In addition, there is a post course support system available whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the trainer and are free to contact them with any questions they may have.
Price per person - €245.00
This includes a copy of the workshop slides, other supporting documents and links to relevant literature by email and a certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
To secure a place on the workshop go to https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/e-learning/remote-learning-advanced-dialectical-behavioural-therapy-dbt-workshop and book online. For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course has a limited amount of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.