MA in Social Justice and Public Policy
The MA in Social Justice and Public Policy is a two year part-time programme which gives students a unique opportunity to develop a theoretical framework and the deep capacity for analysis, understanding, knowledge, skills and practices needed to engage meaningfully in social change towards a more just and inclusive society focusing particularly on influencing public policy.
Social Justice Ireland is a key partner in this programme.
The MA in Social Justice and Public Policy will:
- give students the skills to analyse and challenge the existing policy narrative and propose realistic alternatives;
- ensure that students understand the theoretical framework which underpins different policies;
- produce graduates with the necessary skills and experience to exercise an effective role in influencing public policy for social justice, offering a critical social analysis of the current situation, researching and developing evidence based options, negotiating effectively and advocating for change.
In taking on this programme students will be able to:
- learn from expert academics and practitioners in social justice and public policy using case studies from Irish and International contexts;
- study and network with others from a wide range of experiences and disciplines;
- pursue their relevant interests via self-directed learning, assignments and a dissertation.
This MA is particularly suitable for students seeking to promote a fairer society, including people from business, community, voluntary, social inclusion, environmental organisations, trade unions, public service, and religious sectors. Many applicants will be working in a voluntary or paid capacity with an organisation, group or office involved with social justice or addressing issues affected by public policy.
Social Analysis and Social Change 1
Human Rights and Theories of Social Justice
Social Justice and the Prophetic Tradition
Social Analysis and Social Change 2
Reflective Practice and Social Justice
Strategic Planning & Social Justice
Economics and Social Policy 1
Advocacy, Community Organising and Networking for Social Justice
Economics and Social Policy 2
Communications and Public Policy
The MA in Social Justice and Public Policy is delivered part-time over two years normally over seventeen evening and all-day sessions and two block weeks over two years in a convenient Dublin city centre location.
For information on fees please visit our website at www.wit.ie/pgfees
Applications for this programme are made online by going to www.pac.ie (Code wd595)
Academic queries contact
Dr. Paul Clogher
Dr. Sean Healy,
Social Justice Ireland
Admissions queries contact
Office of the Registrar
Waterford Institute of Technology
T: +353 (0)51 302670