IICP College: BA (Hons) Level 8 Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (RPL Option)
BA (Hons) Level 8 Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (RPL Option)
IICP operate a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Policy whereby, under certain conditions, learners can gain access to the BA (Hons) programme at an advanced stage.
IICP operates a recognition of prior learning (RPL) policy whereby previous qualifications and/or experience may allow applicants to avail of exemptions and enter the BA (Hons) programme at an advanced stage. RPL is always assessed on a case-by-case basis. With an emphasis on academic and clinical excellence, we offer a quality education to those wishing to develop their career and extend their qualifications.
IICP prides itself on an ethos of student support. While undertaking this dynamic and exciting programme of study, learners are guided and nurtured as they acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and competence to become effective practitioners. Learners are fully supported in terms of obtaining a relevant clinical placement, where they can complete the required client hours.
Who Should Apply
This programme is particularly suitable for qualified counsellors and psychotherapists, or those who have completed previous counselling and psychotherapy and who now wish to build upon existing qualifications. RPL is always assessed on a case-by- case basis. Please contact the college for further information.
RPL may be possible for learners who have:
- Completed a Level 7 Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Completed a Level 6 Higher Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Completed a Level 6 Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Completed relevant modules on another related programme of study.
- Completed an undergraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy that meets with IACP/IAHIP/BACP (or equivalent) standards.
- RPL is always assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants must complete IICP’s course comparison form as part of their application. This is available on request.
- Learners will be invited to an interview with faculty as part of the application process.
The programme is delivered on a part-time basis, one day per week during the academic term (September-May). Learners have the option of attending on a Friday or there is also an option weekend block delivery on a monthly basis. Each teaching day runs from 9:30am- 5:00pm and there is a 90% attendance requirement. There is one additional Professional Knowledge Seminar per year, where students attend a seminar with a visiting expert in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. This usually takes place on a Sunday.
- Friday Option: 25th September 2020
- Block Option: 25th September 2020
- Friday 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm
- Award: BA (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (QQI Validated & IACP Accredited, provided that all IACP requirements are achieved.)
- Duration: Usually 1 year but can depend on an individual’s RPL status
- Annual Fees: €3,875 inclusive of QQI registration fee and Professional Knowledge seminar.
For further information call visit www.iicp.ie/courses/degree
Director of Registry & Operations
086 0499154 or email@example.com
086 2609989 or firstname.lastname@example.org