Training of Trainers 2020: Incorporating Development Education in the Adult and Community sector
Applications are now being accepted for this Training of Trainers programme for Adult and Community Educators in Ireland. This training is being delivered by Development Perspectives as part of Saolta. Saolta is a new Development Education strategic partnership programme for the Adult and Community Education sector in Ireland.
This Training of Trainers will offer Adult and Community Education practitioners across Ireland an opportunity to deepen their understanding of Development Education, to develop an idea on how (and why) to implement it in their daily practice, and to explore pathways to lead transformative change in Ireland.
This training will involve three day-long workshops which will allow practitioners to:
- Acquire essential knowledge and skills related to Development Education.
- Gain practical experience with Development Education and discover best practices in creating social change.
- Receive a free training toolkit that will allow for practitioners to continue the work in their practice.
- Enhance and strengthen the skills, instincts, and abilities that will advance practitioners professional development.
- Build practitioners network and learn key engagement strategies to drive community involvement.
- Dates: Day 1 - Friday 24/04/2020 | Day 2 - Friday 15/05/2020 | Day 3 - Saturday 30/05/2020.
- Times: All days run from 10am - 5pm.
- Locations: Day 1 & 2 will be based in Blackstairs Ecotrails, Carlow and Day 3 will be based in GIY HQ Waterford.
- Food: Fresh organic vegetarian lunch is provided on all three days of the training.
- Places available: This training is limited to 15 people only. We welcome applications from practitioners in the adult and community education sector.
- Costs: This training is fully funded by Irish Aid, a state body with responsibility for raising public awareness of and engagement with development challenges at a local and global level.
- Travel costs: Travel costs for the three days can be reimbursed. Terms and conditions apply.
- Certification: On completion of the training all practitioners will receive a certificate which recognises their CPD.
Please find attached the Training of Trainers information form and application form. All application forms to be forwarded to Stephanie@developmentperspectives.ie or 10 North Quay, Drogheda, Co.Louth A92 TXW7. Please call 0419801005 with any questions you may have.
Closing date: Friday 3rd of April, 2020.