Diabetes Ireland: Workplace Wellness Programme
Diabetes Awareness And Wellness Webinars…Why Should You Engage Your Employees?
- Right now, thousands of employees are working from home or socially distanced in office settings. As an employer, now more than ever, it’s important to give time to the physical health and mental well-being of our employees to prevent future ill-health.
- A person can have diabetes for up to 12 years, and not know it. In fact most people over 40 are at least at moderate risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Left undiagnosed and untreated, diabetes can lead to heart disease, stroke and other health issues.
- Early detection of Type 2 diabetes can prevent serious health issues for your employees.
- Employees need to understand the importance and value of making the right lifestyle choices to reduce their risk of diabetes.
What we are offering
Lunch & Learn
Diabetes Ireland is now offering a choice of 1-hour virtual webinars provided by one of our Specialist Diabetes Nurse/ Dietitian or our Counsellor which can now be enjoyed by employees’ teams from the safety of their homes/workplace. We are living in challenging times where more than ever we need to adopt and maintain healthy lifestyle behaviours and habits.
Option 1: Staying Healthy
1 Hour Webinar delivered by a member of our Health Promotion Team
- Understanding Diabetes
- Checking Your Risk
- How to be Sugar Smart, Fat Smart and Salt Smart
Option 2: Staying Mentally Resilient During These Times
1 Hour Webinar delivered by our Counsellor/Psychotherapist Pauline Lynch on Changing our Behaviours and Habits
- Identify those Habits and Behaviours that Impact on your Wellbeing
- Explore how and why those Habits are Formed
- Focus on Strategies to Successfully make Changes
- Cultivate Self-Care Routines that Enhance your Mental Health
Benefits for your Employees
- Employees will understand the importance and value of making the right lifestyle choices to reduce their risk of diabetes.
- Educate employees on the main risk factors and signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
- Give employees an option to complete our risk assessment tool so they can identify their diabetes risk and what steps they need to take based on their personal result.
- Support you to protect your workers’ health in your workplace and to ensure healthier employees, a more engaged workforce and reduced levels of absenteeism.
- Follow up one to one virtual appointments with our Counsellor/Psychotherapist Pauline Lynch.
Benefits for Diabetes Ireland
We like most other charities have had a huge drop in fundraising activity and we are down income of 35% up to June. Currently we are working hard to keep our care centres and helplines open and have put our education courses online.
The income that is generated from these sessions goes towards delivering these vital services for people living with type 1, type 2 diabetes and their families.