Barnardos National Parent Supportline
Barnardos National Parent Supportline is available to any parent or family who needs support.
Tel: 1800 910 123
10.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday
The government’s response to Covid-19 has meant that normal routines and sources of support are currently unavailable to many families.
Through our dedicated telephone supportline Barnardos staff can provide support and advice to parents on the following issues:
- How to talk to your children about the corona virus
- Setting a good routine
- Managing children’s behaviours and sibling dynamics
- Managing aggression and family discord
- Home schooling/managing school expectations.
- Fostering natural learning opportunities in the home
- Healthy eating
- Accessing fun and educational activities for families and individual children
- Managing your child’s worries
- Self-care for parents
- Helping parents manage their own worries and anxieties
- Managing children’s online activity
Barnardos also provides specialist services and support in relation to bereavement, adoption and fostering.