Carmichael: The Potential of Legacy Funding for Irish Nonprofits
With legacy income in Ireland growing by 60% from 2015 – 2019 and with huge potential identified for the future, this is an area that could, with time, be a much stronger income stream for smaller charities in Ireland.
This presentation will cover:
- Research updates – Ireland: Market Size and Growth
- Specific Benefits of Legacy Income
- Broadening of income sources
- Cost / investment
- Trends from the UK towards smaller charities securing bequests
- Leadership issues re legacy
- Barriers to seeking bequest for smaller Irish charities
Niall O'Sullivan has worked in the fundraising and philanthropy sectors since the late 1990s. His focus is major gifts, research, coaching / mentoring and legacies. Niall is board member of MyLegacy – a consortium of 80 charities - and was on the founding board of CII. He also has an interest in community benefit funds and advising potential philanthropists.
This event will be delivered via Zoom. Meeting links will be sent to registrants on Monday June 28th.
This presentation is brought to you by Carmichael.
Carmichael is a leading specialist training and support body for nonprofits in Ireland. Our training, support and resources enable our members and partners to be:
- Better informed and equipped to carry out their own remits more effectively
- Aware of and able to employ best practice for good governance
- Better networked with and supported by peer organisations
- More efficient and effectively run so that they are trusted by their funders and supporters.
THIS IS THE EVENTBRITE LINK The Potential of Legacy Funding for Irish Nonprofits Tickets, Wed 30 Jun 2021 at 10:00 | Eventbrite