CLIMB Programme for Children Affected by Cancer
Are you a parent with a cancer diagnosis, who has a child aged between 5 and 12 years old?
Purple House Cancer Support Centre runs regular 6 week CLIMB Programmes in Purple House 2 Duncairn Tce, Quinsborough Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
The next course starts Saturday 17th April 2021 at 11am-12.15pm for 6 weeks.
CLIMB stands for Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery.
It's an enjoyable, sharing, interactive experience and a time for children to come together to deal with their feelings.
The programme will be delivered by our trained CLIMB facilitators in Purple House in Bray, Co. Wicklow.
Throughout the programme the children will develop an understanding of cancer and from this understanding the myths and fears that children can hold about cancer will be dispelled. The programme is creative, using drama, arts and play. They are also based on having fun together and meeting new friends.
CLIMB aims to help your child:
- To understand a cancer diagnosis by providing information on cancer
- To learn how to express his or her feelings and emotions
- To learn how to cope with these feelings
- To feel part of a social group by making friendships with other children sharing a similar experience
- To cope with the dramatic changes they are witnessing and experiencing in the home