A series of online public consultation focus groups to inform the new National Disability Strategy
Are you interested in sharing your experience and suggesting what a National Disability Strategy could include to improve the lives of disabled people in Ireland?
If so, we invite you to join any online focus groups in the following areas that interest you.
Register using the links below
- Tuesday 21 November, 10.30am to 12pm Carers of people with disabilities
- Wed 22 November, 2.30pm to 4pm Older people
- Tuesday 28 November, 10.30am to 12pm Transport
- Wednesday 29 November, 5pm-6.30pm Cost of Disability
- Thurs 30 November, 2pm-3.30pm Employment & Training
- Saturday 2 December, 11am-12.30pm Housing & Independent Living
- Tuesday 5 December, 7pm-8.30pm Disability Health & Social Care Services and Supports
- Wednesday 6 December, 2pm-3.30pm Education
- Monday 11 December, 10.30am to 12pm Women & Disability
The Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth are developing a new National Disability Strategy. They have asked The National Disability Authority to conduct some elements of the consultation on their behalf.
The overall focus of the consultation is to inform a set of strategic actions that will address common barriers to inclusion and participation for people with disabilities across key areas of society.
These thematic focus groups are part of a wider consultation process and there will be more information here in the coming weeks.