This is a Finance and Administration role available on a fixed term contract covering maternity leave. Contract start date is Monday 19th June 2017. The main function of the role is to ensure the effective and efficient management and coordination of RADE’s finances and programme adhering to RADE’s organisational objectives.
Title: Supervisor (Community Employment) Finance and Administration
Location: RADE, OLV building, Cathedral View Court, Off New St, Dublin 8
Contract type: Fixed term contract covering maternity leave
Contract Start Date: Monday 19th June 2017 – 39 hours per week
Reporting to: Programme Director
Function: To ensure the effective and efficient management and co-ordination of RADE’s finances and programme adhering to RADE’s organisational objectives.
- The provision of an efficient and effective financial accounting system in line with sound accounting procedures and conventions.
- The management of financial returns and claims for DSP, Drug Task Force and other funding bodies.
- Installation and provision of systems controlling the operation of a cheque book, cash book, purchases book, debtors, creditors and general ledgers, participant payroll, trainers payroll, bank account and PRSI returns.
- Ensure effective budget management.
- To prepare all relevant paperwork and ROS uploads for the Revenue Commissioners including P45s, P30s, P35s, etc.
- Preparation of final accounts for Auditors at year end.
- Liaise with the local DSP, LDTF, other funding bodies, accountant and bank regarding financial matters.
- The applicant should have an understanding of the role of the Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management and programme delivery to participants in rehabilitation and who present as long-term unemployed or vulnerable adults.
- Share supervision, scheduling and administration requirements of participants to ensure best returns to Sponsor.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the range of programmes and courses available to unemployed and vulnerable adults.
- Implement the CE Recruitment process as put in place by DSP.
- Ensure the work areas meet appropriate housekeeping standards and provide a safe and healthy environment for participants – both in terms of facilities and work practices.
- Have an overview of the National Drug Rehabilitation Framework and the role of CE in supporting recovering substance mis-users.
- Carry out any other functions relevant to the position of Supervisor (Community Employment) as indicated by Sponsor from time to time.
RADE Specific Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the RADE office.
- Assist the Director with events and production schedules for art, drama, creative writing and film.
- Assist with RADE live performances; budgeting, planning, coordinating, public relations.
- Assist with the publication of books of creative writing and poetry.
- Maintain funding calendar and assist with preparation of funding applications.
- Minute weekly management meetings.
- Maintain an accurate filing system for participants on the scheme and RADE in general.
- Assist Board administration and communication.
Requirements for the position:
- Third level qualification. Minimum Level 6 on Major Award NFQ (National Framework of Qualification)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administration and computer literacy skills.
- Excellent financial planning and administration skills.
Desirable criteria for the position but not necessary:
- Experience of producing live theatre performances.
- Experience of drama facilitation.
- Knowledge of Thesaurus Payroll and Solutions Plus Accounts Software Package.
- Experience of addiction issues and working with service users towards rehabilitation
- Website and social media maintenance.
- An interest in the arts.
Salary commences on Point 1 of the Supervisors Community Employment Salary Scale at € 708.37 per week (inclusive of employers PRSI) Weekly Gross Wage € 639.61
To apply: Please submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae outlining your suitability for the role
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: Síne Lynch, RADE, OLV Building, Cathedral View Court, Off New St, Dublin 8
Interviews: will take place on 25th and morning of 26th April 2017 at the address above.
Queries: Please address any queries you may have to: Síne Lynch, Programme Coordinator
Tel: 01 454 8733 | email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 6th April 2017 at 5pm
RADE (recovery through art, drama and education) engage recovering drug users with the arts and therapeutic supports and provide a platform for their artistic expression. Our Vision: Creativity is Open to Everyone.