POSITION: Corporate & Events Manager
LOCATION: Morrison Chambers, Nassau Street, Dublin 2
REPORTS TO: Director of Fundraising
Main Purpose of Job: To maintain and strive to increase The Irish Hospice Foundation’s (IHF) fundraising income through corporate support, events, trusts and retail activity.;
- 3-5 years professional fundraising experience
- Proven track record of corporate and events fundraising
Role & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for setting, driving and reaching income targets
- Relationship management of IHF corporate fundraising relationships.
- Identify new companies and organisations with potential to support and secure adoptions, CSR partnerships, GAYE etc
- Pitch and secure sponsorship for IHF major events both organised in-house and through our voluntary committees.
- Manage 2 + staff who drive events, trusts and foundations and retail income
- Take direct involvement with IHF major events, as appropriate to support the Events Development Officer – eg Gala Dinner, Cycle Challenge etc.
- Liaise with IHF voluntary committee(s) and manage professional relationships with members.
- Oversee timely and accurate submissions to trusts and proposals through IHF Senior Development Officer
- Manage IHF major retail offerings – eg book projects through direct liaison with working committee or temporary project management staff member(s), as appropriate
- Drive retail income sales of IHF product (particularly Christmas items) through corporate partners
- Participate and report on new retail initiatives, products with potential for IHF
- Liaise closely with IHF Individual Giving Manager to maintain excellent working relationships across the fundraising team (6+ staff)
- Produce regular income and expenditure reports for Director of Fundraising and for sharing with fundraising team, board and other IHF committees
- Produce annual planning strategies for annual income capturing strengths, challenges, new growth potential for income streams.
- Work closely with IHF Communications Team to ensure appropriate publicity for IHF corporate and events supporters.
- Other duties as might reasonably be required by the IHF
Personal Experience, Skills & Qualities
- Ideally a third Level Qualification
- A significant record of achievement, particularly with working with targets, securing sponsorship and managing key partnerships.
- Experience of working with corporate donors – through managing CSR, building relationships with senior staff, liaising with charity committees and staff etc. .
- Experience of working on and managing a variety of profitable events
- Knowledge of trusts and foundations and ideally experience of making applications on behalf of a charity / project.
- An understanding of the charity sector in Ireland
- Management skills to work with a small team, to manage 2+ staff and upwardly report to Director of Fundraising.
- Competencies of working with targets, financial reporting, strategic planning etc.
- Must have excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Must be able to manage a wide variety of relationships with IHF supporters, committee members, volunteers etc
- Must be willing to work out-of-hours and attend functions and events to represent IHF
- Must be highly motivated and be able to work under own initiative.
- Ideally has knowledge of Raisers Edge
- Must be a driver - driving licence required
This is a full time role and will be based at the Irish Hospice Foundation’s offices on Nassau Street, Dublin 2. Salary will be commensurate with experience / suitability.
Please forward your CV, including 2 referees and a detailed covering letter, explaining how you feel you fit the role to : Helen.McVeigh@hospicefoundation.ie or by post to:
Director of Fundraising
The Irish Hospice Foundation
32 Nassau Street
Please mark your application “Confidential, Corporate and Events Manager’
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 30th January 2017