NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Organisation & Post Outline:
Spinal Injuries Ireland (SII) is the only charity for people who have become lifelong disabled through a spinal cord injury (SCI). An injury to the spinal cord can be sustained either traumatically, as a result of an accident or fall, or non-traumatically, as a result of illness such as cancer. SCIs can happen to anyone at any stage in their life and, according to the World Health Organisation, it is acknowledged as one of the most devastating and life changing injuries that a person can sustain. In Ireland, 76% of people with a SCI are unemployed and 40% live on or below the poverty line (Collins 2014).
SII supports people and their families from onset of injury to the rehabilitation phase at the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Dun Laoghaire and on returning home by providing a nationwide support service focused on social, vocational and recreational inclusion in society.
An opportunity has arisen to become part of a highly flexible and dynamic team who work to provide services to spinal cord injury people and their families, along with advocating for better services. The organisation has been undergoing a transformation and is at a very exciting time in its 23 year history and looking to recruit for an important finance position within the organisation.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day to day administration of the Finance function in Spinal Injuries Ireland.
Reports to: CEO
Hours: Part time – Hours negotiable but potentially 20 hours per week
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with general accounting requirements including accounts payable, accounts receivable and nominal ledger
- Preparation and production of monthly management accounts to Trial Balance
- Management of physical receipt of fundraising income along with on-line income, grants etc., and inputting to Salesforce
- Cheque & cash posting and allocation
- Banking; point of contact on all company accounts, bank reconciliations, lodgements, etc
- Monthly payroll including all returns to Revenue via ROS, issuing P45s, P60s etc.
- Posting and review of all invoices for appropriate documentation, research and resolve queries and approval prior to processing payment.
- Matching and inputting of purchase sales invoices
- Expense claim management - matching receipts with expense claims and processing payments
- Management of Petty Cash
- Quarterly and annual financial reports for statutory funders
- Analytical review of income and expenditure
- Preparation of working papers for month end file.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Carrying out any accounting duties and ad hoc requests as delegated
- Insure accounts are completed in line with International Accounting procedures and maintain internal financial policies
- Prepare financial reports as required for CEO to present at Board Meetings
- Prepare and manage SII’s annual budgets for Board approval
- Administer and report on financial element of Grant Funding
- Rolling review of financial policies and procedures in conjunction with management & Finance sub-committee
- General day to day finance admin duties in line with business requirements
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Third level and/or ACCA qualification
- Demonstrated knowledge base and experience of administration, finance and related organisational functions
- Previous experience working in a role of a similar nature desirable but not essential
- High degree of accuracy and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Charities SORP (FRS 102) experience desirable
- Sage Accounting Software experience desirable
- Sage Life & Salesforce1 Platform experience desirable
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Empathic and understanding of client and family needs
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel
- Must be willing to travel if required
To Apply: please forward CV to Mary Dunne at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th January 2017