NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Cheshire Ireland provides a range of support services to people with both physical and neurological conditions in their homes, in residential centres, in supported accommodation and in standalone respite facilities. Our aim is to provide quality, person-centred services, which facilitate people with disabilities to live a life of their own choosing.
Job Title: Staff Nurse (2 Positions)
Ref. Number: SN/RCH/DEC 16
Type of Contract: Permanent Full time contract
Number of Hours: 39 hours per week
Location: Limerick Cheshire Services
You will provide clinical guidance to the support staff, to include an element of training and supervision. This position involves leading a team who support individuals in all aspects of their lives, supporting the Service Manager to effectively manage services delivered to individuals in their homes. Operating out of a social model of disability the successful applicant will have responsibility for the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care required to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of persons with physical and neurological disabilites receving Cheshire services.
- A minimum of 2 years’ post graduate experience
- Professional and clinical competence
- Interest in leading and managing a team
- Knowledge and awareness of social model of disability and its implications for service provision
- Awareness of HIQA standards
In addition the successful incumbent will:
- Be in possession of a nursing qualification and registered in the general division with An Bord Altranais
- Positive attitude and ability to maintain composure in difficult or challenging situations
- Have experience of working in a care-delivery capacity, preferably within a disability service or community setting
- Committed to the principals of rights based, person centred services and is keen to accept the challenges in on-going delivery of such services
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook is essential)
- Be in possession of the necessary documentation to work and live in the Republic of Ireland
- Have a clean driving licence (there may be a need to drive a service user)
- Have the ability to speak and write English fluently.
Salary range: Dependent on Experience
Closing Date: 13th January 2017
To apply for this post please forward a detailed CV and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com, or post to Margaret Keane, Clinical Nurse Manager, Rathfredagh Cheshire Home, Newcastlewest, Co. Limerick.