‘Promoting Professionalism in Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain’
CILT is the professional body in Ireland for those working in Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain. The Institute has in excess of 800 members and three branches in the Republic of Ireland. It is a territory of the wider CILT International organisation which has 33,000 members globally working in over 100 countries.
CILT is a registered charity and is a ‘not for profit’ organisation. Its key remit is to provide education, training and other services to our industry sector. CILT provides a Certificate & Diploma course in Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain, a L7 Business & Supply Chain degree and is the examining agent for the Carriage of Dangerous Goods (ADR), Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) and Certificate of Professional Competence for freight and passenger (CPC Management Certificate) on behalf of the Health & Safety Authority and the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport. It also operates an industry sector ‘Skillnet’ with over 50 companies involved and organises a comprehensive series of events throughout the year on behalf of its membership.
We are seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will be responsible for continuing to build and develop the Institute.
The CEO is primarily responsible for the day to day management and administration of the Institute in Ireland. He or she will also have overall responsibility for:
- The delivery of quality services to Members;
- The provision of the Institute’s education and training services;
- The management of contracts with public bodies;
- Representation of the Institute in Ireland;
- Growing membership of the Institute through continuously improving the services, value and relevance of the Institute;
- The regular updating of a five year business plan for CILT – securing support and buy-in from CILT Council and Membership.
The ideal candidate will have the following leadership capabilities & responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities with an ability to further develop and grow the Institute and direct a cohesive and dedicated team;
- Develop and implement strong Business Development and Marketing plans to increase membership and grow the contribution of the Institute in the Irish economy;
- Promote best practice, standards and a health & safety culture across all aspects of CILT’s work and throughout the transport, logistics and supply chain industry;
- Ability to operate with credibility and conviction technically and in a wide variety of areas;
- Demonstrated ability to withstand challenges and drive improvement in a complex stakeholder environment;
- Committed to personal development with an ability to establish excellent relationships across a wide network;
- Driven to mobilise others and make a real difference in the performance and accountabilities of CILT;
- Have a strong personal impact on others with a flexible stakeholder and people management approach – be a good team player;
- Acts with integrity and generates trust in all relationships. Understands the environmental context and complexities in which CILT operates and works to achieve the Institute’s Vision and key objectives;
- Ability to progress changes in a developing environment.
Skills & Knowledge required
- Educated to third level in one of the following disciplines: Transport, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Business and or Marketing. Ideally with a technical qualification in engineering/science.
- A candidate must prove demonstrable experience operating at functional head level, with a leadership role in such areas as manufacturing, transport, logistics or education.
- Excellent proven leadership capabilities with communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with external stakeholders, CILT Council, direct reports and CILT personnel.
CILT is an equal opportunities employer
Those wishing to apply should send a CV plus a short paragraph setting out the contribution they can make to the Institute on or before 15th of May 2017 to Mary Byrne by email to email@example.com or by post to Canavan Byrne, Kingsfurze House, Old Lucan Road, Dublin 20. Telephone 00353-1-6235908
Role Profile is available on request.