NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
POSITION: Assistant Psychologist
REPORTS TO: Clinical/Counselling Psychologist
LOCATION: The Bessborough Centre, Cork
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 12 Months
The Bessborough Assistantship Programme is designed to develop talent among graduates in the early stages of their professional career. Candidates will gain experience in a range of areas across the various services within Bessborough, including our parent/infant residential service, therapeutic access service, community family support service and parenting capacity assessment service. Candidates receive regular supervision and mentoring from counselling/clinical psychologist.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in the administration of cognitive, mental health and parenting psychometric assessment for parents and children. Scoring and writing up the results of psychometric assessment.
- Assist in the facilitation of therapeutic groups and carry out psychoeducational intervention with clients.
- Promote relational and psychologically informed practice across all aspects of the service. Promote and champion an infant mental health perspective among clients and colleagues.
- Conduct clinically relevant research and maintain literature and research databases, where appropriate, in collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines.
- Supports service evaluations, including ongoing group evaluations, service satisfaction surveys, and other outcome measures, and maintains appropriate records/databases of these.
- Assists the Clinical/Counseling Psychologist in providing training and support of the wider staff team.
- Liaison role between Clinical Lead, Clinical Team and wider staff team regarding understanding and implementation of clients’ care programmes.
- To undertake any reasonable travelling requirements in order to fulfil the tasks and responsibilities of the role.
- To undertake any other duties as may arise from time to time be specified by the Centre, that are within the level and responsibility appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Communicating with various internal and external stakeholders by attending and contributing to various cross-departmental meetings including staff team meetings and external multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Post-Graduate degree in psychology in clinically related area, or be completing one
- Eligible to apply for Graduate Membership of the PSI
- Maturity required to work with a complex population
- A positive can-do attitude
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- The ability to work within boundaries
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A very high standard of written and oral communication
- An awareness of complexity within child protection
- An understanding of Infant mental health principles
- Computer literacy
- Full clean driving licence desirable
This position offers the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work in a psychology-led multidisciplinary life-span service to develop and advance skills in the areas of assessment, intervention and formulation. This is a full-time position and is salaried at €20,592
To apply please post two copies of your CV and a cover letter to: Jonathan Horgan, Community Services Manager,The Bessborough Centre, Blackrock, Cork City by 5pm Wednesday 28th June 2017.
Interviews will be held on 3rd July 2017.