WALK is a progressive organisation where people who have intellectual disabilities are supported to live self determined lives within socially inclusive communities.
The following position is offered with a remuneration package in line with qualifications and experience. Ideal applicants should be enthusiastic, flexible and committed to the principles underlying Personal Outcomes Measures and will demonstrate values in keeping with the organisations low arousal philosophy and human rights based approach to service delivery.
Team Leader (Residential Supports)
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to lead a team in providing residential supports to adults with intellectual disabilities. You will work closely with the Service Manager, providing supervision and leadership to the staff team, ensuring that a high standard of care and support is delivered to service users living in their own homes in the community. You will work in a way that is consistent with WALK’s ethos and values, in a safe, respectful, empathetic and person-centred manner that promotes inclusion in community life.
Working Hours: 169 hours per month on a roster basis including weekends and sleepovers.
Location: South side of Dublin.
Salary: €40,000 - €48,000 DOE.
- Demonstrate values in line with the organisations low arousal philosophy and human rights based approach to service delivery.
- A relevant third level qualification in social care or related field
- Experience leading teams supporting older people in the social care sector
- Demonstrated ability to support older people with complex needs (mental health challenge and/or challenging behaviour) in community settings
- Experience working with quality systems such as POMS, CQL or PQASSO.
It is desirable that candidates:
- Have experience supporting individuals whose behaviour can challenge.
- Have a full drivers license
- Have a management/supervisory qualification
- Experience supporting adults with intellectual disabilities
- Experience leading team to support adults with intellectual disabilities
- Knowledge and experience of implementing national standards and regulations.
Closing Date: Friday 14th July 2017 at 5pm.
Application is by completed application form by email to email@example.com. Informal enquires can be made to Austin at 4290053.
WALK is an equal opportunities employer
All successful candidates will be subject to vetting by the Garda Vetting Unit.