Cheshire Ireland provides a range of support services to people with both physical and neurological conditions in their homes, in residential centres, in supported accommodation and in standalone respite facilities. Our aim is to provide quality, person-centred services, which facilitate people with disabilities to live a life of their own choosing.
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Ref. Number: WC/SN/JUNE17
Type of Contract: Permanent Part time Contract
Number of Hours: 23 hours per week
Location: Waterford Cheshire Services
Operating out of a social model of disability, you will have responsibility for the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of the care required to meet the physical, psychological and social needs of individuals with physical and neurological disabilities receiving Cheshire Ireland services. This role provides care and support to individuals living in the community and you will be required to establish and maintain relationships with individuals with disabilities that are based on respect and equality and that promote their independence. It is critical that when undertaking your work that you do so in a manner that is consistent with Cheshire Ireland’s values, operating ethos and standards.
- In possession of a nursing qualification and registered in the general division with An Bord Altranais.
- A minimum of 12-months post qualification experience.
- Must have experience in relation to the care and management of a tracheostomy
- Experience of working in a care-delivery capacity, preferably within a disability service or community setting.
- Evidence-based decision making skills.
- Mentoring and line management skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook is essential)
- In possession of the necessary documentation to work and live in the Republic of Ireland.
- A clean driving licence (there may be a need to drive a individuals).
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Personal Integrity and trustworthiness
- Positive Attitude
- Empathy & Mindfulness
- Respectful of Others
- Ability to Ability to maintain composure in difficult or challenging situations.
- Embraces change and is committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement and learning throughout the services.
- Committed to the principles of rights-based, person-centred services and is keen to accept the challenges involved in the on-going delivery of such services.
Salary range: Dependent on experience
Closing Date: 17/July/2017
To apply for this post please forward a detailed CV and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Derek Murphy, Service Manager, Waterford Cheshire, John’s Hill, Waterford.
Cheshire Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
All successful candidates will be subject to vetting by the Garda Vetting Unit.
Join us in working to create innovative, community-based supports designed in partnership with each individual person.