Summary: Kilcormac Development Association Ltd. is a community based company providing vital community services to the entire community through the Community Services Programme. The KDA work with the whole community through St. Joseph’s Community Centre to ensure that services are accessible, affortable and relevant to the local community. Our vision is to create a better quality of life for everyone in our community by contributing to economic and community stability and allowing everyone the same opportunity to access vital services.
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Working Hours: 39 hours
Tasks will include but not limited to:
- Management of the Community Services Programme through St. Joseph’s Community Centre.
- Management of Community Projects undertaken by the Kilcormac Development Association on behalf of the community.
- Supervise and support the Administrator, Caretakers and Community Employment participants to ensure efficient running of the Community Centre on a daily basis.
- Close working relationship with the CE Supervisor.
- Development of appropriate training for all staff.
- Dealing with all day to day personal matters.
- Management of staff time sheets and records and staff to ensure efficient running of the Community Centre on a daily basis.
- Maintenance issues which arise in the building.
- Working in close collaboration with many volunteers and relevant agencies to ensure project initiation to completion.
- Liaise with relevant sub-groups with regard to the smooth running of the facility such as the Halls Committee etc.
- Work on Community led projects such as ‘Walking Festival’, ‘Mental Health Talk Week’ and other projects spearheaded by Kilcormac Development Association.
- Work with all voluntary sub-groups as a support mechanism to develop their own groups objectives (e.g. First Responders, Vision for Kilcormac, Walking Club)
- Development and enhancement of existing services.
- Development of new business opportunities
- Continue to market and develop St. Joseph’s Community centre as the hub of the community through the provision of vital community services.
- Manage financial procedures daily as they arise such as cheque payments, wages etc. which includes use of packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAGE Accounts and Micropay.
- Compilation of up to date financial records for the Community Centre in accordance with the agreed financial procedures.
- Monitor and seek grant applications where applicable for St. Joseph’s Community Services to improve the range of services we can provide.
- Preparing budgets and managing cash flows.
- Presentation of monthly developmental, operational, and financial report to the Board.
- Ensure that the service has the appropriate policies and procedures in place.
- Reporting to the Board
- Adherence to Health and Safety requirements.
- Complete in conjunction with the Administrator the Pobal financial returns as requires and ensure that relevant requirements are adhered to.
- Completion of returns and monitoring documents which arise from funding received.
- Monitor the needs of the Community and the services that can be provided through the CSP (e.g. Needs Analysis, Community Action Plan)
- Work on the Business Plans and planning activities appropriate for the Pobal contract.
- Event Management and presentations to relevant groups as required.
- Undertake necessary training as and when it arises.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Board.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong staff management experience – minimum 3 years
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience in community centre or similar projects.
- Experience of Managerial, Financial and Administration duties
- Competent business communication and writing skills
- Experience of on-going meetings and events
- IT literate with experience of accounts packages
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in community development would be an advantage
Applicants for this post are requested to send CV’s and cover letter into firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th June by 5pm. It is envisaged that interviews will take place in early July.