To build on ALONE’s strong brand to ensure we continue to be seen as leaders and innovators in the cause of supporting older people to age at home. To ensure all staff and volunteers are kept informed and promote the brand of ALONE. To effectively communicate stories of: the services we provide, people we support, how we work, and our new and innovative models of work. To keep all stakeholders engaged to ensure that our strategic objectives are met and that we grow our donations.
- To champion the ALONE brand both internally and externally
- To adhere to brand guidelines.
- Support the execution of Communications strategy
- Build rapport and interact effectively with employees and management at all levels across the business
- Support the integration of new groups in ALONE
- Develop relationships based on service delivery
- Manage internal and external queries on Communications.
- Implement the Communications strategy and ensure delivery of the annual communications plan.
- Define objectives, key messages, audiences and activities.
- Act as first internal point of contact for all media enquiries and key communications role for all publications.
- Supply and present material for online marketing
- Manage brand guidelines and key messages
- Manage effective relationship with PR, Creative and Media Agencies
- Produce materials for newsletters and relevant internal and external communications
- Source stories and case studies that demonstrate the work that we do. Manage the promotion of stories
- Develop a wide bank of photographs and videos to promote our work
- Raise awareness of issues facing older people in need
- Identify opportunities for lobbying around older people’s rights
- Develop online communications including: website, blog, video, and e-newsletters
- Attend all communications forums, ensuring to remain up to date with developments and key activities.
- Copywriting - E-newsletters & printed newsletters, brochures, Annual Report, information leaflets
- Produce all ALONE publications and keep all material current and up to date
- Research and draft presentations, press releases, reports, publicity brochures, information for websites
- Self-motivated, flexible person who is passionate about the work.
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in Communications/PR/Marketing would be desirable.
- Experience of (a) the voluntary sector and or (b) working with older people
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience of dealing with people
- Excellent computer literacy & ability to adapt to new systems. Experience with Salesforce would be desirable
- An ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and respect
- Strong networking capabilities, ability to build and maintain key relationships
- Proven English copywriting and editing skills
- Strong planning, research, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, with an open and positive attitude
- Graphic design skills would be desirable (If applicable, please provide samples of your work)
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract, 35 hours Monday – Friday.
Place of Work: ALONE Offices, Pleasant St, Dublin 8. Some after-hours work may be necessary for which we operate a time in lieu system
Applications by email to include CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 2nd June 2017.