Sunbeam House Services provides services to adults with intellectual disabilities. Our vision is that all adults should be empowered with the necessary skills to live full and satisfying lives as equal citizens of their local communities. We ensure that this vision is delivered through our core values of Client Centred services, Committed to being and doing the best for our Clients, Staff and Organisation, in and for the Communities we work in, Caring for our Clients, our Staff and our Organisation, in Collaboration with the Community and our partners and in Compliance with legal requirements and best practice.
CARE ASSISTANT POST
PART-TIME TEMPORARY RELIEF
DRUMCOOLEY, BRAY, CO.WICKLOW
(32 hours per month)
Commencing June 2017
Applicants will be responsible for providing a respite service to two female service users who have learning disabilities with autistic tendencies. Applicants should be confident with managing clients who require behavioural supports. Attending to full care of clients will be required. Working knowledge and experience of PICA will be an advantage. The location offers a day service 5 days a week and 2 weekend respites each month. The location is open 38 weeks per year - closure dates are planned at the beginning of the year.
Essential Qualifications Required
- FETAC Level 5 Qualification in Social care, Special Needs field or Health Services Skills.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working with people with severe to profound intellectual disabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to the values of SHS to improve the lives of our service users.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of working with people with complex needs in a variety of different situations.
- Excellent organisation & communication skills.
- High initiative and integrity.
- Must have knowledge of all relevant legislation and HIQA Standards and a proven ability to implement standards and regulations.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative in their approach.
- Excellent IT skills and report writing skills.
- Be available to work over a seven day work period, including weekends and waking night shifts (clients require continuous checks throughout the night).
- Be available to work long days at respite weekends.
Short listing of candidates will apply.
Please forward your letter of application and an up-to-date CV to the HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications: Thursday 1st June 2017 @ 5.00pm
Sunbeam House Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer