Sunbeam House Services provides services to adults with intellectual disabilities. Our vision is that all adults should be empowered with the necessary skills to live full and satisfying lives as equal citizens of their local communities. We ensure that this vision is delivered through our core values of Client Centred services, Committed to being and doing the best for our Clients, Staff and Organisation, in and for the Communities we work in, Caring for our Clients, our Staff and our Organisation, in Collaboration with the Community and our partners and in Compliance with legal requirements and best practice.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER POST’S
1 X 8 MONTH FIXED TERM PART-TIME POST (120 hours per month)
1 X 1 YEAR FIXED TERM PART-TIME POST (30 hours per month)
BRAY, CO WICKLOW
Commencing June 2017
Working hours will be variable including sleepovers, day shifts, during the week, weekends and unsociable hours. Applicants must be flexible to meet the requirements of the services. Applicants must be confident working as lone workers as this may be required in particular locations. Applicants must demonstrate a clear understanding and ability to implement our ethos and values.
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications or foreign equivalent (validated by NQAI) or be in the process of obtaining:
- HETAC Level 7 in Childcare
- HETAC Level 7 in Social Studies
- HETAC Level 7 in Social Care
- HETAC Level 7 Applied Social Studies – Social Care
- HETAC Level 7 in Training & Education – Supported Employment – Open Training College continuous learning.
- HETAC Level 7 in Applied Social Studies (Disability) – Open Training College continuous learning.
Applicants must have:
- One year’s post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability
- Experience of working alone in a one to one environment as well as experience of team work.
- Experience of dealing with behaviours that challenge and with behavioural supports
- CPI experience
- Experience of skills teaching in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence skills
- Experience in alternative communications
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- Experience of creative problem solving techniques
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Enthusiasm, energy and creativity
- Available to work over a seven day work period
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive location vehicles
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts
Please note candidates must meet a minimum score to qualify for positions
Short listing of candidates will apply.
If you are interested in applying for the above positions, please forward your letter of application and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Closing Date for receipt of applications: Thursday 1st June 2017
Sunbeam House Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer