Salary: Negotiable, dependent on experience
Hours: Flexible, part time considered
Reporting To: Executive Director
Direct Reports: none
Supported By: Communications Officer and Finance and Administrative Assistant
Term: 1 year contract (including a 3-month probationary period), with the possibility of extension subject to fundraising performance.
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: Monday 1st May at 09.00am GMT
Interview Date: Wednesday 10th May (late morning/ afternoon tentative)
BeLonG To’s vision is for an Ireland where lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) young people are equal, safe, and valued in the diversity of their identities and experiences. We work with LGBT+ young people as equals to achieve our vision through youth work, changing attitudes, and research.
As a member of the team the Fundraiser will feed into the development and implementation of BeLonG To's Strategic plans and specifically the fundraising operations. Leading on the implementation of a new 3-year fundraising strategy focused on corporate giving and community fundraising to significantly accelerate income growth at BeLonG To Youth Services to meet the growing demand for our services nationally.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Strategy and Planning
- Input into the development of a new 3-year fundraising strategy and lead on the roll out of this plan.
Financial Planning and Budget Management
- To maximise return on investment.
- Work with the Executive Director to produce cost-effective budgets to achieve action plans.
- Develop and maintain income tracking and evaluation systems.
- Ensure the Fundraising activity is delivered within agreed budgets.
- To develop and manage networks and relationships with corporate supporters and organisations in order to raise funds towards the ongoing work of BeLonG To.
- To develop and write funding proposals, corporate grant applications, and reports.
- To work with volunteers and supporters to develop and deliver a programme of community fundraising
- To manage and deliver community fundraising campaigns such as ‘Yes Equality Day’.
- To ensure BeLonG To's adherence to: best practice in Direct Marketing, Data Protection, and the Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- To work within BeLonG To’s policies and procedures and to adhere to legal frameworks.
- To keep abreast of developments in the charitable sector, the techniques, and methodologies of fundraising.
- To produce fundraising performance reports.
- To act in the best interests of BeLonG To Youth Services, as an ambassador for the organisation in line with our vision and mission.
This job description is not a definitive list of tasks; rather it is designed to give an overview of the job. It is envisaged that the post-holder will use their own initiative and develop the job under guidance so that the organisations aims are achieved. It should be noted that the organisation is dynamic and fast paced and it may be necessary to step beyond the areas outlined above to support others from time to time.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in a relevant discipline in sales, marketing, fundraising, etcetera or evidence of Continued Professional Development relevant to the role purpose and level.
- At least three years’ experience in a senior fundraising role with direct experience of corporate fundraising
- Demonstrable track record of fundraising performance that has directly resulted in increased income for an organisation.
- Proven track record of meeting income targets.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and donor relationships.
- Ability to multitask and experience of working in a busy and varied role where the ability to prioritise workload is essential.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic business plans.
- Superb budget management skills, adept at working within budget with limited resources.
- Experience dealing with a CRM system (direct experience of Salesforce an advantage)
Skills and Competencies
- Very strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good attention to detail, in particular accuracy in written work and budget control.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small dynamic team.
- Results focused with strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of working within Office 365 and Salesforce.
- Board of Directors
- Executive Director
- Communications Officer
- Finance and Administration Assistant
- BeLonG To’s national network branches nationwide
- Existing and potential individual donors, supporters and fundraising groups
- Existing and potential Corporate Partners
- Agencies and suppliers
- External fundraising networks and contacts from other charities
Overview of Practical Arrangements
Hours and Place of work
Flexible, part time will be considered, hours of work to be negotiated with the successful candidate. This post offers excellent flexibility to the successful candidate. The nature of this post requires flexibility in the hours of work and may require occasional work in the evenings, at weekends and some travel nationally.
The usual place of work shall be in BeLonG To’s office at 13 Parliament Street, Dublin 2.
26 paid holidays per year (pro-rata)
The Protection & Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults
BeLonG To Youth Services has adopted a policy to protect and safeguard the welfare of clients. The post holder will be required to follow this policy at all times and any offer of employment shall be contingent on Garda Vetting and Reference Checks.
Due to the nature of this work the post holder will often be party to highly confidential and very personal matters – they must therefore be committed and able to maintain the very highest standards of confidentiality at all times.
BeLonG To Youth Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Submitting an Application
Please submit a CV and cover letter in advance of the deadline for applications which is 09.00 AM GMT Monday 1st of May 2017.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com, by post to BeLonG To Youth Services, Parliament House, 13 Parliament Street, Dublin 2, D02 P658, Ireland or by fax to +353 (0)1 670 6219.
We will inform candidates who have been successfully short listed by close of business on Friday 31st of March. We regret that it is not possible to provide individualised feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview and we kindly request that you do not call or email seeking feedback. Feedback is available for candidates called to interview.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled to occur in the late morning or early afternoon of Wednesday 10th of May at BeLonG To’s offices in Dublin 2 (address above), if you are unable to attend for interview on this date please state so clearly in your cover letter.