The essential role of the Charity store team is to generate independent funding for the core activities of the organisation. Currently there are five charity stores and a stock collection and delivery service. The Head of Retail has overall responsibility for the charity stores and stock collection and delivery service.
The Retail Store Manager will be responsible to the Head of Retail for the ongoing success of the stores in the new store in Galway. The main focus will be to maximise sales, increase profits and promote customer service. The retail store manager will be responsible for creating a shopping experience that will meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. The manager will also be responsible for inspiring the team, leading and developing them to achieve outstanding results.
The Store Manager will be report directly to the Head of Retail for managing all aspects of the store including:-
- recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- promoting and marketing the store
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- overseeing pricing and stock control
- maximising profitability and meeting sales targets
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- preparing promotional materials and displays
- To keep under review the agreed action plan to improve the performance of the store
- To keep under review the targets for all key activities and monitor and evaluate progress towards their achievement.
- To supervise and support the staff and volunteers
- To hold monthly staff and volunteer meetings as well as one to one meetings and training with the store staff and volunteers
- To maintain awareness of market trends in the retail sector especially charity stores
- To promote the service among local businesses and other key community interest groups.
- To contribute to relevant policies and procedures of the organisation
- To act as key holder
- To liaise regularly with the communications team in promoting the store
- To work with other teams in assisting them promote their work through the stores
- To plan special promotions, window displays and a seasonal calendar
- To ensure the maintenance of all equipment and fixtures
- To organise regular special events to raise additional income
- To develop a store layout plan to improve visibility and access for customer
- To provide regular training to staff and volunteers
- To actively recruit volunteers
- To provide training in volunteer management and support among all paid staff
- To review the job specifications for volunteers
- Ensure that the stores complies with health and safety legislation and set up a meeting with the office manager on any issues relating to Health & Safety
- Ensure that the Company’s Policies and Procedures are followed
- Prepare and complete all daily and weekly store paperwork and reports
- Ensure that regular ‘one to one meetings are held with staff and volunteers and to deal with any individual issues or concerns.
Conditions of Service
This is a full-time post subject to probation period of six months. The person appointed must be flexible regarding working hours to including weekends. The post is based in Galway City.
Salary offered up to €39,593 depending on experience and qualifications. In addition the successful candidate will be included in the Company’s Death in Service Benefit Scheme and eligible to join the staff pension scheme after successfully completing their probation.
Applications by letter outlining your suitability for the post (maximum 300 words), quoting job reference GSMM17, with CV and details of two referees by email to: email@example.com by 1:00pm on Friday 12th May 2017. Interviews scheduled for week beginning 23rd May 2017.
Informal enquiries in confidence to Gail Kennedy, Head of Retail on 01 4756989
Age Action is opposed to discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity or other grounds.