Are you currently in a PIC or PPIM role?
Looking for a change?
We are currently recruiting for a PIC for our Dublin and Waterford-based disability residential homes
The Unit Manager carries responsibility for the care delivered to the young people living in Stepping Stones and for the staff who deliver that care. S/he is responsible for ensuring that the care given meets with company policies and procedures and with national regulations and that the environment in which the care is given is appropriate for the young people.
The Unit Manager will be required to contribute to the development of strategies, policies and systems related to all aspects of Stepping Stones Care, and to their implementation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all residents in the service are looked after safely, professionally and in a way which ensures that they achieve their maximum potential, in line with Stepping Stones Care mission.
- In consultation with Senior Management, ensure that the unit at all times has an appropriate, balanced, qualified staff team.
- Support, supervise and guide all staff in a way which keeps them motivated, committed and enthusiastic so that they are equipped to consistently deliver high quality services.
- On behalf of the organisation, hold all staff accountable for their performance.
- Ensure at all times that the unit is fit for purpose.
- Manage the team effectively and appropriately and ensure staff are properly trained, so they are equipped to deliver a service which meets the regulatory standards and requirements.
- Take responsibility for the unit budget, ensuring that spending is kept within approved limits at all times.
- Ensure that the unit, at all times, receives excellent feedback from HIQA or other monitoring / inspection recommendations.
- Ensure at all times that regulatory and procedural requirements (Child Care, Health & Safety, HR etc.) are met.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with key stakeholders in the delivery of services.
- Support the development of new services and best practice as required
- Provide written and verbal reports, as required, to the Regional Manager and other managers as required by the Regional Manager.
- Ensure all statutory and standard reports are made to relevant bodies, as required, in the times required and to the standard required.
- Notify Directors of any serious risks to Stepping Stones Care, our staff, the people and children in our care, or our business
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Experience of managing staff in a residential or clinical environment for a minimum of 3 years;
- A proven track record of working in a high-pressured environment, managing detailed operational deliverables, meeting targets and business plans;
- Demonstrable planning, leadership and organisational skills;
- Experience managing and implementing HIQA standards and regulations
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Social Care or equivalent
- Full Driving Licence
- Demonstrates an ability to treat all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do likewise;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a driving passion for delivering exceptional services to young people that consistently exceeds expectations whilst inspiring and mentoring teams;
- Dependable and self-motivated with an ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to travel, sometimes at short notice and with occasional overnight stays;
- Flexibility to work out of core hours to meet business needs as and when required.
Salary will be competitive dependent on experience
Applications by email only to email@example.com
Informal enquiries can be made by calling Steve on 0863064022. Please include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the post (1 page) and an up to date CV (2 pages) including 2 referees, one of which must be your current employer. Please note that all applicants must adhere to the company’s Garda clearance policy.