POSITION: Chief Executive Officer
REPORTING TO: The Board of Directors
To provide leadership and support in Ireland to empower those of us who have disabilities to direct our own lives and enjoy the same equality and freedoms as non-disabled citizens.
“Áiseanna Tacaíochta” is an Irish name, and it translates to English as “Supported Facilities”. Our goal is to make Independent Living open to everyone, and we aim to change the way we think about disability and to empower people with disabilities to re-write their roles in society.
We work in two ways to achieve this vision:
firstly, we act as intermediary between our members – who we call Leaders – and the Health Service Executive (HSE) and, secondly, we support people to support themselves.
Ours is an innovative and progressive approach. We work right across disability; we support both self-directed and family-led services; we operate on a spirit of volunteerism; and we develop in line with the lived experiences of our members.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
The Board of Directors now seeks to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to implement, manage and direct all of the organisation’s operations and services. The CEO should have a strong understanding of independent living and the disability sector.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Leadership, Operations and People Management
- Lead the team in the delivery of our services and the achievement of our mission
- Ensure that the on-going operational management of The ÁT Network is carried out to the highest standards and in line with The ÁT Networks Plans
- Ensure written procedures for all processes and procedures are in place and maintained including an efficient and effective Garda clearance system for all PAs employed by ÁT members
- Oversee health and safety and employment in accordance with the current applicable legislation
- Oversee the resourcing and people management including recruitment, induction, training, management and development of staff
- Ensure effective performance management systems are in place
Service Delivery, Development and Expanding our Reach
- Oversee the effective management of the current services
- Develop new services to achieve the objectives in line with The ÁT Networks Plan
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the area of independent living, relevant government policy and within the disability sector, to influence The ÁT Networks approach to service delivery and development
- Expand The ÁT Networks reach to to make Independent Living open to those who wish to take it on
- Develop formal and informal collaborative arrangements with statutory, non-statutory and other relevant agencies and organisations
- Develop relationships with, and make submissions to, Government departments, HSE and agencies with a view to influencing policy
- Develop a network and working relationships with related organisations with a view to maximising The ÁT Networks profile, influence and resources
- Network within the disability sector and be actively involved in relevant campaigns to promote Independent Living
Stakeholder and Relationship Management
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with HSE both on a local and national level to ensure their ongoing support and commitment to The ÁT Network
- Effectively represent and promote The ÁT Network and its interests to potential funders, HSE, not-for-profit organisations and government
- Lobby for and secure additional resources to expand the reach of our services
- Support the implementation and promotion of effective governance
- Oversee the maintenance, development and implementation of open and transparent financial controls, systems and reporting mechanisms in line with statutory and funder requirements
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of annual budgets for agreement with the Board
- Oversee the monitoring and controls of all budgets including forecasts to the Board to ensure the organisation operates within the finances available
- Keep the Chairperson and the Board members fully informed on relevant matters
- Prepare reports for each Board meeting with content and in a format requested by the Chairperson
- Demonstrable achievements at senior management level, ideally within the disability sector
- Strong understanding, or previous experience of, independent living
- Previous service delivery and development experience at senior management level, ideally within the disability sector
- Strong understanding, or previous experience of Direct Payments
- A successful track record in building and nurturing stakeholders, key relationships and partnerships with a wide range of diverse collaborators within government, HSE, not-for-profit sectors at national and local level
- A relevant third level or professional qualification desirable
- Proven skills in leadership, HR, planning, negotiation and decision-making
- Proven organisational skills to ensure The ÁT Network operates in an efficient and accountable manner
The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the Organisations resources.
The position will be based in Dublin.
(for initial enquiries or applications)
Please send a cover letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, referencing ÁT01, outlining your experience, skills and suitability for the position, for the attention of our HR Partner, Derek McKay – email@example.com Tel: 01 561 3594
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 5pm Friday 3rd March 2017
All applications will be acknowledged.
The ÁT Network is an Equal Opportunities Employer