SHINE – Supporting People Affected by Mental Ill Health
Contract for Services
2 Facilitator positions (one in Kildare and one in Dublin)
Shine is the national organisation dedicated to upholding the rights and addressing the needs of all those affected by mental ill health, through the promotion and provision of high quality services and working to ensure the continual enhancement of the quality of life of the people it serves. We believe that recovery from mental ill health is possible for everyone. We aim to empower people with mental ill health and families through support, information and education. Our supports are available nationwide.
Phrenz Groups support individuals in their own recovery, geared towards empowering people with mental ill health. Sharing experiences with others can be a great way of learning new coping skills and growing your support network. Our Phrenz groups are a chance to learn and build community supports.
What we are looking for
The Phrenz Facilitator plays an important role in the running and development of the Phrenz Groups. They are there to ensure the group is a constructive and cohesive unit as well as a productive group process. The nature and activities of the Phrenz groups may change, but the skills and values required of facilitators remain the same regardless.
Facilitator’s role and responsibilities:
- Act as a representative of Shine and adhere to the relevant policies.
- Lead, guide and support the Phrenz Group, informed by Shine’s ethos of recovery.
- Provide support and supervise the development of the Phrenz group and members of the group through empowerment, education, support and information
- Facilitate a safe, confidential environment through punctuality, maintaining boundaries and group contracts as well as ensuring the respective facilities are open on time and that refreshments are available (where appropriate).
- Appropriately manage group dynamics including supportive conversations and conflict resolution.
- Provide monthly reports to, and ongoing liaison with, the Support and Information Officer.
- Manage and report any monies expended through the group to the Support and Information Officer.
- Attend facilitator meetings, individual supervision and group supervision as required.
- Submit accurate invoices monthly.
With immediate effect, on Contract for Services basis:
- Dublin (Wednesdays 7 to 9pm)
- Kildare Phrenz (Thursday 1:50-3:50pm)
Each group runs for two hours per week, with an hourly rate of €23 which will be paid to the recipient subject to receipt of relevant invoices. Applicants may be a person with self experience or have relevant experience working in the field of mental health. The role is subject to Garda Vetting.
To apply, please forward your Cover Letter and CV to:
Fiona Daly, Eastern Region Support and Information Officer
Deadline for submission is 4pm on the 1st March 2017.