ALONE is an independent charity that works with older people who find themselves in crisis, are suffering deprivation, isolation and loneliness and are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
ALONE are now seeking to recruit a Senior Fundraising and Communications Officer to join our progressive team.
- Lead and manage fundraising programmes and projects, covering all aspects of the donor communication cycle e.g. donor acquisition, donor stewardship and donor reactivation.
- Drive the delivery of the corporate/grant fundraising strategy
- Drive the development and management of legacy fundraising strategy
- Develop and lead on new Community based fundraising activity
- Manage any new activity for individual/regular giving/major donor fundraising
- Manage and develop new and existing donor relationships including the development of high net worth donor relationships
- Investigate new or alternative funding sources and develop activity accordingly
- Develop, manage and retain the corporate partnerships. Prospect and present to potential corporate partners.
- Actively engage in new business development
- Direct marketing activity – outdoor advertising, direct mail etc.
- Lead the delivery of the annual FR budget in line with organisational budget and individual income stream targets
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and manage new innovative fundraising campaigns.
- Ensure appropriate and timely follow up and recognition of all corporate and trust donations.
- Develop and oversee the delivery of the Communications Annual Plan
- Drive the development and monitoring of brand guidelines and key messages.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of ALONE’s social media profile and web site
- Manage the filing of all PR and Communications / campaigning material
- Manage the website content
- Ensure all campaigning and advocacy work has procedures and good records in place
- Identify opportunities for lobbying around older people’s rights
- Manage effective relationship with PR and Creative Agencies
- Encourage team building and team work in immediate and wider team
- Sponsor the Culture of knowledge learning and continuous improvement
- Manage quality and best practice
- Provide leadership and guidance within teams
- Educated to degree level with qualification in fundraising/communications/PR/marketing desirable.
- Self-motivated, flexible person who is passionate about the work and ambitious in their role
- Experience of (a) the voluntary sector and or (b) working with older people.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience of dealing with people.
- Excellent Computer Literacy & ability to adapt to new systems. Experience with Salesforce would be desirable.
- An ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and respect.
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets and report on financial performance of projects.
- Experience of working with external suppliers to deliver successful projects and campaigns.
- Strong time management and excellent planning and project management skills.
How to apply:
Apply in writing including cover letter outlining suitability and CV to Maoiliosa.firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than 01/03/2017.
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Place of Work: ALONE Offices, Pleasant St, Dublin 8. Some after-hours work will be necessary for which we operate a time in lieu system