The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) is recruiting a Communications and Development Officer.
The IFPA Communications and Development Officer works closely with other members of the IFPA Advocacy Team to develop and implement IFPA communications strategy, in line with the IFPA Strategic Plan.
S/he is responsible for planning, development and delivery of IFPA internal and external communications, including website and other social media, IFPA publications, and IFPA engagement with print and broadcast media.
- Excellent spoken and written English: ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in written and oral form; specific skills in writing press releases and understanding of traditional and electronic media.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies to influence public opinion through the media.
- Demonstrated skill in development of information and education materials, proof-editing documentation and publications, and developing content for the web.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to, sexual and reproductive health and rights in Ireland.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise tasks, and to work to tight deadlines.
Applications will be assessed on this basis of an application form and a cover letter; CVs will be disregarded if submitted. Applicants should send the completed application form and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Communications and Development Officer Application). Applications must be received by Wednesday 15th March 2017.
Further information about the work of the IFPA and a full job description is available on www.ifpa.ie