**Essential Qualification Criteria: Please note that qualification criteria for employment on DSP Community Employment Schemes will strictly apply. Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 25 years of age or over and in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment for 1 year or more. Please contact your local DSP Employment Service/Intreo Office to check your eligibility.
In conjunction with St. Monica’s Community Council, Edenmore Drug Intervention Team (EDIT) provides a range of specialist recovery and rehabilitation services to individuals misusing alcohol and drugs and it also provides related support to their families. EDIT are pleased to invite applications for a vacant position of Support Worker within its Day Programme.
- Maintain effective working relationships and communication with EDIT Clients, staff and management within a close-knit multidisciplinary team
- To support the day care team in devising and implementing appropriate interventions and care plans in line with individual client needs
- Support key working with individual clients and the facilitation of workshops and groups
- Advocate for clients and support collaborative work with external agencies
- Maintain accurate up-to-date client records
- To at all times work in accordance with EDIT’s Policies and Procedures
- To undertake relevant training and development opportunities as supported
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
- Some experience working with substance misusers in a recovery and rehabilitation context.
- Accredited training will be provided to support your career.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative as appropriate
- Communication and listening skills
- Ability to deal appropriately with difficult or challenging behaviour
- Ability to build and maintain effective empathic working relationships with clients while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
Hours of Work: Must be eligible for Community Employment Scheme. 19.5 hours per week, flexibility required (mornings, afternoons, one evening).
Pay: Community Employment Rates.
Closing Date for Application: 23rd January, 2017.
Letter of Application & C.V. to: DSP Supervisor, Edenmore Drug Intervention Team. 203 Edenmore Avenue, Raheny, Dublin 5. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org