The Hazel Hotel, Monasterevin, Co Kildare is an Emergency Reception and Orientation Centre (EROC) contracted to provide accommodation and ancillary services to persons admitted to Ireland under Government Programmes. The EROC seeks to recruit an Arabic/English language interpreter(s)/ translator(s) /Cross Cultural Worker(s) (ITCS) to assist with the day to day communications between those admitted and mainstream Service Providers including Government Departmental Officials, HSE, DSP, ETB, Túsla, Primary/Secondary Schools, GPs, Hospitals etc. This list is not intended to be exclusive but aims to give an understanding of the brief.
The successful candidate must, at a minimum:
- Have a baccalaureate (or equivalent) in English and Arabic,
- be fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic,
- be self-motivating,
- have experience in providing interpretation services or promoting inter-cultural understanding within diverse youth/families/communities coming from war affected countries,
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- demonstrate flexibility in their approach to work,
- a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and email,
- a broad understanding and knowledge of various sectors in Irish Society,
- an ability to demonstrate knowledge of the sensitivity and importance of data protection, the protection of children and vulnerable adults and the protection of the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and organisations,
- have permission to work in Ireland,
- have a valid PPS number,
Employment Type: Temporary Contract of limited duration.
Employer: Hazel Hotel Reception and Orientation Centre
Location: Monasterevin, Co Kildare and other locations as required.
Selection is by short-list and interview. Application closed on 24th January 2017. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
Further details are available from