ALONE is an independent charity that works with older people who find themselves in crisis, are suffering deprivation, isolation and loneliness and are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
To be a member of the ALONE Support Services Team that operates the following ALONE services: Support Coordination, Events, Good Morning Louth and Befriending. This will mainly focus on Support Coordination and Befriending in North East but will also encompass working on a national level also. By adopting a service broker role, the Support Coordinator will support older people to continue to direct their own lives.
- To work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- To regularly identify practical improvements within the systems of support and care for older people as informed by and at the request of older people.
- To be a member of the ALONE Support Services Team that operates the ALONE services: Support Coordination, Befriending and others.
- To work closely with the Services Manager, Staff, Interns & Volunteers on the Team.
- To work to the Models of Support Services as outlined for these services.
- To operate to ALONE’s Case Management System; i.e. work with older people to decide on and implement a plan to ensure the best outcomes for them.
- To ensure that the services provided are compliant with ALONE quality standards.
- To support with ALONE Social Events for Older People as required
- To provide good quality accurate, appropriate information, advice and advocacy to older people and volunteers/interns.
- To maintain necessary confidentiality relating to the work of the service and older people.
- To promote referrals to ALONE services: explore and develop referral pathways and seek opportunities to expand the delivery of information on ALONE services.
- To input to HSE multi-disciplinary decisions in hospital/community settings as appropriate; to ensure that the services meet the older person’s needs, identify gaps in services and work to stimulate improvements to services.
- To develop positive working relationships with relevant external agencies
- To report on key findings and statistics arising from the role.
- To work with Communications Department to explore new opportunities to promote ALONE services.
- To link with Volunteer Mentors in their support of the wider volunteer body as required.
- To support volunteers to work safely and with a sense of satisfaction with the older people who use ALONE services.To develop and clarify our relationships with new and existing befriending services.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF ALL ALONE STAFF:
- To operate to the values, mission and culture of ALONE, thereby ensuring that the service and its activities and outcomes consistently present a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- To attend Team Meetings / Organisational Meeting / Training Days.
- To work from a Rights and Evidence Based Approach.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- Create relationships with the older people built on trust & co-operation.
- Furnish written reports as and when required. Thorough & up-to-date record keeping in the interest of safety, security & quality of service.
- Ensure accurate data entry to ensure relevant statistics can be reported.
- Involvement in the development of policies / procedures / Case Management practice.
- To support the older persons right to give feedback and be involved.
- Participate in and engage with a performance management programme
- To undertake any other duties which are commensurate with the role / Agreed with the Services Manager/CEO.
- Educated to degree level with qualification in Social Care/ Social Work.
- Self-motivated, flexible person who is passionate about the work.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and experience of dealing with people.
- Excellent Computer Literacy & ability to adapt to new systems.
- An ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and respect.
- A full clean driving licence and access to own vehicle is required.
- Experience of Case Management Systems.
- Experience of (a) the voluntary sector and or (b) working with older people.
Place of Work:
ALONE Offices, Dundalk.
Support and Supervision:
Induction and training will be carried out on commencement.
Regular support and supervision will be provided.
1 year fixed term contract, full time (35 hours) Monday – Friday. Salary commensurate with experience.
Some working outside of these hours at ALONE events may be required for which we operate a time in lieu system.
Applications in writing by email to include CV and covering letter to Maoiliosa.firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than 5pm on 31/01/2017