NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Title: Designer (Graphics and UI/UX)
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Reporting to: COO/CTO
Contract Period: Permanent
FoodCloud is a fast growing Dublin based not for profit organisation set up with the aim of reducing food waste and food poverty using our innovative software platform.
Within communities food businesses frequently experience food surpluses, as a consequence of the modern food system, while charities struggle to provide food for those who need it most. FoodCloud provides an opportunity for businesses and charities within communities to work together to solve the social and environmental impact associated with food waste and food poverty by connecting with each other through our software platform. FoodCloud allows food businesses to contribute to their communities in a meaningful and practical way, while reducing the cost of waste disposal and reducing their impact on the environment. FoodCloud helps to reduce the food costs of charitable organisations and allows them to enhance their service offering.
FoodCloud was established in October 2013 and has gone from strength to strength, scaling across Ireland and the UK. To date have redistributed over 4 million meals to charities.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a creative individual to work cross-functionally in FoodCloud’s growing team to ensure that we present engaging and compelling image across all of our customer touch points. You will support our business development and marketing team in the development of brand assets that clearly project our message and are engaging for the reader/viewer. You will also work with our technology team to support them in the development of user-centered designs for interfaces that create an exceptional user experience.
- Supporting FoodCloud’s technology team through user experience and user interface design. You will be expected to research and understand user needs and requirements and develop wireframes, visual designs and prototypes.
- Responsibility for creating and curating brand assets that project FoodCloud’s purpose and vision in a compelling and engaging way. This will include brochures, presentations, FoodCloud’s website and all customer facing documents.
We’re looking for a creative individual who is willing to learn in a fast paced environment. This is a multi-faceted role which requires an individual with:
- A flexible and adaptive attitude
- Creative flair, originality and an eye for good design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- An enthusiasm to contribute to excellent solutions
- A team player
- An ability to co-ordinate inputs/requirements from multiple stakeholders
A commitment to the values of FoodCloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues is a plus.
- Experience in design/creative environment
- Strong background in Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Basic knowledge in UI & UX design and research
- Experience of wireframing and prototyping desirable
- Experience in web design desirable
FoodCloud is a small organisation with big ambitions! You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events.
Timeline & Process:
The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one-page maximum) to email@example.com explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.