MQI are recruiting a Part Time Counsellor for a 12mth Fixed Term Contract to work with the Team Leader in the Irish Prison Service based in Cork Prison in delivering a counselling service for persons with a drug or alcohol problem in prison.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Two years’ experience in a paid full time capacity, or equivalent part time, in an addiction service or similar setting.
- Accredited counsellor with ACI, IACP or equivalent body.
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of addiction studies or social care.
- An excellent understanding of issues relating to problem drug use, criminal offending, homelessness, dual-diagnosis and progression pathways towards community based rehab, housing and training services.
- Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients & team.
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external agencies.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point and experience of using a database.
- Experience of developing and delivering workshops and seminars.
- Experience and skills in the referral process and assessment of clients with addiction and associated needs.
- Experience and skills in developing Care Plans.
- To be approved by the IPS Security Clearance process which can take 4 months + to complete.
Salary: €16,968 based on 19.5hr week
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Duration: 12mth fixed term contract
Location: Cork Prison
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the attached application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Vacancy for the Position of ‘Part Time Counsellor IPS’ attaching a copy of your updated CV before the closing date of 5pm, Friday the 20th January 2017.